Zoom Bandwidth requirements
The bandwidth used by Zoom is optimized for the best experience based on the participant’s network. Bandwidth is automatically adjusted according to 3G, WiFi, or wired environment.
Recommended bandwidth for Zoom meeting and webinar panelists:
For 1-to-1 video calls:
- 600 kbps (up/down) for high-quality video
- 1.2 Mbps (up/down) for 720p HD video
- 1.8 Mbps (up/down) for 1080p HD video )
Group video call:
- 800kbps/1.2Mbps (up/down)
- Gallery View/720p HD video for high quality video : 1.5Mbps/1.5Mbps (up/down) 2.5Mbps (
- for HD video reception of 1080p Up/Down)
- 0 Mbps (Up/Down) for 1080p HD video transmission
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnails):
- For screen sharing with video thumbnails:
- For audio VoiP:
Recommended bandwidth for webinar participants in zoom:
- For one-to-one video calls in zoom:
600 kbps (downstream) for high-quality video,
1.2 Mbps (downstream) for HD video
- For screen sharing only (no video thumbnails)in zoom:
- For screen sharing with video thumbnails in zoom:
- For audio VoiP in zoom:
Can I limit the bandwidth of zoom meeting participants?
It is not possible to limit the bandwidth of the participants.
Although we can not limit the bandwidth, we will introduce related settings as a trick to achieve a more comfortable meeting.
Turn OFF group HD video in zoom
When the group HD video setting is ON, the video quality will be 720p and consume bandwidth.
- If you want to turn off group HD video throughout the organization, it is recommended that the
account owner or administrator turn off [Group HD video] in Zoom Sign-in> Account settings> Meeting.
If you want to turn off group HD video for each individual,
you can sign in to your own account, go to My Meetings settings, and turn off group HD video.
In the case of the photo above, the administrator has locked the group HD video so that it can not be turned ON for the entire organization.
You can read more about this article here (PC, Mac, Linux system requirements).
Know it also:-
- Please tell me the Zoom required network bandwidth
- Zoom Network firewall and proxy settings
- zoom System requirements (iOS and Android)
- Zoom System requirements (PC, Mac)
- Zoom System requirements (Zoom Rooms)