Allowing Apps access to shared access permissions
As a result, it is also possible that these Marketplace apps might also require the same expanded set of permissions to act on behalf of other users. In the case that users are granted shared access to other users’ information, such as the ability to schedule appointments or being granted an admin role, these Marketplace apps may also need to request those expanded permissions. Our team is adding a new permission type for this, which will allow you to control your and other users’ information and privacy so that you are aware and aware how you are granting these accesses.
You may grant apps you install shared access permissions by doing the following:
- There is a Zoom account available for you
You should review all App permissions on your account that are related to shared access.
- If you are the owner, administrator, or an admin of the account, you will have access to the Marketplace to view and edit the listings
How to grant Shared Access Permissions during app authorization
You will have an additional option to permit the App developer access to additional information that has been delegates to you by other users when installing an App and authorizing the App developer to access the information associated with you. This additional option will appear once you install an App and approve the developer access to your information.
- Upon installing the app, you will be prompted to grant the app’s permissions to access your data.
- If you would like this app to use my shared access permissions, check the box next to Allow this app to use my shared access permissions.
- To finish installing this app, click Authorize.
How to review permissions for Apps you’ve installed
You can review and update the permissions used by Marketplace Apps you have already installed by heading to the individual Marketplace App pages, or by heading to the Installed Apps page where all your Marketplace Apps are listed together.
For an individual Marketplace App
- Open the Zoom App Marketplace by logging in to your Zoom account.
- You will be able to find the app you have installed on the Marketplace by performing a search on the website.
- Click on Update Permissions under Manage when you’ve finished selecting the app.
- The popup will appear where you are asked to authorize the application to access shared access and you can adjust the shared access permissions.
- You need to select the check box next to Allow this app to use my shared access permissions if you have not yet allowed this permission, and then click authorize in order to grant the expanded permissions.
- To revoke access permissions that you previously granted to shared access, click on Revoke Permissions for Shared Access if you have already given permission to shared access.
For all installed Marketplace Apps
- The App Marketplace can be accessed by logging into your Zoom account.
- Click the Manage button.
- Choose the Installed Apps link on the left side of the screen. The list of all the applications you have installed will be displayed.
- You will find each App’s access status in the Shared Access Permissions column. By clicking the Update button, you can allow or revoke that permission.
- It appears as though you have not yet allowed for the expanded permissions to be used by the app. In order to do so check the box next to Allow this app to use my shared access permissions, and click Authorize.
- The Revoke Shared Access Permissions link should appear if you have already granted shared access permissions, and now want to revoke them.
It is possible to review the permissions for all Apps on your account by following the steps below
Account owners, administrators, and those with custom roles with access to the Marketplace can take a look at all the Marketplace Apps that are installed by other accounts on your account in the company and see what types of permissions have been granted to each one.
- Open the Zoom App Marketplace by signing in to your account on Zoom.
- Select Manage from the drop-down menu.
- You will see a list of all the apps associated with your account on the left-hand side of the screen. This will list all the apps that the users of your account have installed.
- Select any of the listed apps to open it.
- You can find a list of all the subscribers that have installed this App on the Current Subscribers tab. This column will display the type of permissions that this application has for each of your users.
Data access permissions are granted to each app in accordance with one of three types. This affects the amount of information that each Marketplace App has access to regarding its users and their accounts for each user who has installed it.
- User: Only the user who installed the application will be able to gain access to the information associated with that application. In some cases, this could include details about your profile, your scheduled and hosted meetings, your settings, recordings in the cloud, and reports, some of which may include details about others who participate in such recordings, such as included in that user’s cloud recording.
- User with Shared Access: A small piece of information about the user who installs the app as well as information pertaining to other users who have entrusted that user with additional access is accessible to the Installing App. A list of this may include information such as profile data, recordings, events, and reports, some of which can include other participants or sub-parents involved in those recordings, for example other participants who are included in the user’s cloud recordings.
- Admin: It is possible that some of this information may include other individuals who are included in the information, for example, other users included in that user’s cloud recordings. Furthermore, it is possible that the App has access to account-level data, including profile data of users on that account, account settings, cloud recordings, and reports, some of which may include individuals who are included in the information, for example, other participants who were included in the recording of that installing user.
Read it also –
|Zoom Events Roles Tickets And Permissions|
|On Zoom Event Roles And Permissions|
|Requesting Permission To Unmute Participants In Zoom App|
Frequently asked questions
How do I grant permissions for Zoom?
Signing into your Zoom account is the only way to access the Zoom web portal. Click the Account Management link on the navigation menu, and then click the Account Settings link. You will need to click on the Recording tab in order to begin recording. If you click on the toggle switch next to Require users to authenticate before viewing cloud recordings, you will be able to enable or disable this option.
How do I delegate access in zoom?
Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by logging in.
The navigation menu can be accessed by clicking on the Phone icon in the top right corner of the screen.
Go to the Settings tab and click on it.
If a request to be a delegate has been submitted to you, you must click Accept in order to accept it. Your current delegator, as well as the privileges that you have been granted with regard to calls, will be displayed to you.
Why does zoom say I don’t have permission?
If you share Zoom Meeting recordings with others, it is quite common for them to receive an error message stating, “You cannot view this recording”. Instead, they receive an error message saying, “You cannot view this recording.”. If you see a message indicating that there is no permission for the meeting recording, you will need to change the sharing settings of the recording so that it will be available to everyone.
What is the use of Apps option in Zoom?
A Zoom App is a customized application that is integrated seamlessly with Zoom’s user interface. Zoom Apps are a part of the Zoom experience and are part of the Zoom experience. With Zoom Apps, users have the ability to mix and match their favorite third-party applications with Zoom Meetings and the desktop client, enhancing collaboration, productivity, and entertainment through the use of Zoom Meetings and the desktop client.
Why can’t I see Apps in Zoom?
In the navigation panel, click Settings to change the settings. The Zoom Apps can be found by selecting the Zoom Apps tab to the left of the page. You need to check in your Zoom Apps account that Zoom Apps Quick Launch Button has been enabled and it has been enabled in your Zoom Apps account. Clicking the Zoom Apps button on the desktop client will cause the Zoom Apps button to appear on the desktop client, and you can use the Zoom Apps button once you have clicked on it on the desktop client.
What does the Apps button do on Zoom?
Making a choice from the variety of applications that are available in order to find one that is suitable
You will notice a new “Apps” button in the toolbar of your computer screen when you first log in to the Zoom application. This will allow you to switch between the applications that you have installed using the Zoom account that you have access to. On the left side of the screen, you will see a list of your applications that can be accessed through the menu. A list of apps that can be downloaded can be accessed by clicking on the “Discover” tab on the left side of the screen. On Zoom, you can easily access the Apps button by selecting one of the apps from the list to learn more about it by clicking on it. Is there anything I need to know about Zoom’s Apps button?