If you have Zoom Phone enabled in your account, you can transfer busy calls. There are three methods of call transfer: warm transfer, blind transfer, and transfer to voice mail.
- When forwarding a call, the caller ID displayed atthe forwarding destination depends on whether the forwarding destination is an extension number or an outside number.
- If your administrator has enabled automatic recording, or you have started recording a call, select the transfer option to end the recording. This applies when forwarding to external or internal contacts. If you select Warm Transfer , you can resume recording and record the part before the transfer is complete.
Content of this article:
- Transfer method
- Desktop client
- Mobile app
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 4.52570.0415or higher
- macOS: 4.52551.0414or higher
- Linux: 0.285090.0826 andabove
- Zoom mobile app
- Android: 4.52504.0411or higher
- iOS: 4.0 (52578.0415) andabove
- Zoom Phone License
There are three transfer methods available for the Zoom desktop client and mobile app.
Warm transfer : Puts the call on hold until the transfer is complete. This option is useful if you need to work with an automatic answering machine for the caller or if you want to talk to the recipient before transferring the call.
Blind transfer : Transfer to the specified phone number and hang up immediately. If you are prompted for a phone menu, the other party must complete it.
Forward to Voicemail : Forwards the call to the voicemail with the specified phone number. This transfer method may not work for some phone numbers. You can also use the DTMF code to forward to voice mail.
- Sign in to the Zoom desktop client.
- Click Phone.
- Follow the instructions to make or receivea call .
- During a call, click Transfer.
- Dial the phone number to the forwarding destination. You can also enter a name to search for extensions, outside lines, or synced contacts .
- Click the blue transfer button and select the transfer method:
- If you select Warm Transfer, the original call is put on hold until the dialed number is connected. When the transferee responds , click Complete Transfer to hang up. You can continue to use most in- call controls until you complete the transfer . If you want to cancel the warm transfer and return to the original call, click Cancel Transfer .
- Sign in to the Zoom mobile app.
- Tap Phone.
- Follow the instructions to make or receive a call.
- During a call, tap Transfer.
- Dial the phone number and tap the blue transfer button, or tap the contact icon to call an extension, outsideline , or synced contact .
- Select a transfer method:
- If you select Warm Transfer, the current call is put on hold until the dialed number is connected. Tap Transfer Complete to hang up. You can continue to use most in- call controls until you complete the transfer . If you want to cancel the warm transfer and return to the original call, tap Cancel Transfer .