If you would like to edit your chat settings for your mobile device, you can do so by navigating to the chat settings page. You will be able to choose how you would like to receive notifications, how unread messages should be handled, when the notifications should be sent, and how they should be sent.
If you are using the Zoom desktop client, you can also change the settings for chat notifications.
- For users of iOS or Android, Zoom has a mobile app available
Changing your chat settings
- The Settings icon (gear) can be accessed by tapping it
- Tap Chat.
- In order to edit the settings, tap the toggle or the settings button.
- Include Link Preview: Every time you use a link in your message, you should include a link preview that includes the page title, the preview image, and a description.
- Receive Notifications For
- All messages
- Only private messages and mentions: It will show notifications if someone uses @(your name) in any of the channels of the group chat and if anyone uses @(your name) in any private 1-on-1 chat.
- With exceptions for groups: When you wish to have notification settings that differ from the ones you have set above for specific channels, you can set exceptions in the notification settings.
- Note: To open the iOS notification settings for Zoom, tap Turn on Notifications if you don’t see these options when you tap Turn on Notifications on the Zoom app.
- Unread Messages
- Keep all unread messages on top: The unread chats will be moved to the top of your chat list if you move them from the bottom.
- Show unread message count for channels: Next to each chat, you will be able to see how many unread messages there are.
- The bottom of the conversation should be moved to the bottom of messages with new replies
- Receive notifications for keywords: If you would like to receive notifications for certain keywords, you can set them up.
- When new replies are posted on messages that I am following, please notify me about the new messages.
- Disable when in meeting: If you are in a meeting, you should disable notifications while you are there
- Do not disturb:Temporarily turn off notification for this device or set a time period during which you will not receive notifications from this device.
- Unread messages can be viewed when viewing a channel‘s unread messages
- The first unread item will be at the top of the list
- Using the latest date as a starting point
- View a preview of the message
- What time should I be notified?
- Always, even if I am active on desktop: Regardless of whether you are using the desktop client or not, you will always receive notifications on your phone.
- I am only able to use my desktop when I am not actively using it: Notifications will only appear on the phone if the desktop app is inactive and you are not using it.
- In-App Vibrate: Notifications will be vibrated when they are displayed.
- In-App Alert Sound: Whenever a notification is displayed, a sound will be played.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I enable chat on Zoom mobile?
Where is settings in Zoom in mobile?
Where is Zoom settings on Android?
- Changing your profile picture, name, or password is as simple as tapping your name.
- Change your meeting settings, such as enabling/disabling your microphone and mirroring your video.
- Manage your contacts and approve contact requests by finding phone contacts that use Zoom.
How do I change my chat settings in Zoom?
How do I turn off Zoom chat on mobile?
- My Meeting Settings can be found under Profile Settings.
- Make sure “Chat” and “Private chat” are not selected.
How do you Zoom in chat on Android?
- You can access more options at the bottom of a meeting by tapping the More option.
- Navigate to the new menu and tap Chat.
- The chat window is where you can enter your message.
- Your message will be sent once you tap Send.
- The chat menu allows you to send a message to anyone.
How do I change the Zoom on my Android phone?