If you have a phone number, it may be possible for you to check your voicemail by using a third-party phone service; for instance, your mobile provider. This can be very useful if you are unable to install the Zoom Desktop client, mobile app, or web portal but still need to check voicemails on the go.
Prerequisites for checking voicemails over phone
- Account type: Pro, Business, or Education
- Ownership or admin privileges
- License for Zoom Phone
- Use of an external telephone service, such as a mobile phone provider
How to enable the ability to check voicemails over phone
Before a phone user can use the feature, an account owner or administrator must enable it.
- Log in to Zoom’s web portal.
- Click Phone System Management followed by Company Info.
- Depending on how many sites you have, select one of these options:
- The settings tab will appear after clicking the name of the site you want to edit. If you have multiple sites: Click the name of the site you want to edit.
- For sites that have been disabled: Click Account Settings.
- Scroll down to Policies.
- Turn on Check voicemail over phone.
How to add the interactive voice response (IVR) prompt for checking voicemail over phone
After an account owner or admin enables the feature, admins or phone users need to change call handling settings so the phone user has the IVR prompt to check their voicemail from another phone.
- Login to Zoom’s web portal by using your Zoom account information.
- To access the Phone System Management link, click on the “Users & Rooms” link in the navigation menu.
- On the dashboard, you can access specific phone settings for the user you select from the drop down.
- From the dashboard, select the tab User Settings.
- When a call is not answered, set When a call is not answered to Forward to voicemail during the Business Hours or Closed Hours sections.
- If an answer is given, select the option Allow callers to hear voicemail.
You can check your voicemail using your PIN code by adding the associated key to the IVR menu. Callers can check your voicemail by dialing your direct number and pressing the number key associated with it, followed by your PIN code.
- If you have a custom greeting that explains the offerings of the IVR system to callers, then you can select one from the drop-down menu or use the Audio Library to record or upload one.
- Zoom’s web portal requires you to sign in.
- Select Phone.
- Click Settings.
- You can set it to Forward to voicemail for business hours or close hours.
- Allow callers to hear their voicemail by checking the box.
Added the associated key to the IVR menu (Check voicemail via PIN code) will make it easier to access voicemail. Your voicemail can be checked by calling your direct number, pressing the number key, and entering your PIN Code.
- If you would like to create your own custom greeting to help explain the IVR options to callers, then you can choose one from the drop-down list on the left or click the Audio Library link.
How to check your voicemail over phone
- You can also use your mobile service to call your direct phone number.
- All you have to do is press the number key that corresponds to the PIN code in order to check your voice mail. Please see the previous subsection for more detailed information.
- In order to access your voicemail, enter your PIN Code and follow the audio prompts.
- The Desk Phone setting in your phone’s settings provides access to your PIN code.