Dump files can be used to diagnose problems with Zoom clients if they frequently hang or crash. If you need to generate and send a dump file to diagnose Zoom client problems on Windows, follow these steps:
- 1. Right-click the Windows icon and click Task Manager .
- Under Application , double-click Zoom Meeting . At least two items are displayed in the Zoom meeting .
Note: The ones with low memory usage are the main Zoom window and chat window. Those with high memory usage are clients in a meeting.
client crashes frequently, right-click one of the
‘s items and click
Generate Dump File
- If [ Dump file generation] ends successfully, Windows displays the file path.
- Highlight the file path and press Ctrl + C to copy to the clipboard.
- Open Windows Explorer and click the top file location bar.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the file path and press Enter .
- Click the modified date column to display the new file first. The dump file (Zoom.DMP) is displayed at the top of the list.
Note: Please compress the dump file before sending it.
- Open Task Manager again .
- Right-click Zoom Meeting , and then click End Task .
- Restart the Zoom client to generate a log file.