In addition to viewing the actual audio usage report as well as exporting it as a CSV file, you will also be able to export a CSV file once you have subscribed to an audio conferencing plan. In audio conferencing reports, you can find out who dialed in to online meetings or webinars. Then you can see which numbers those participants dialed, how much money was charged to your Zoom account, as well as other details. The charges will be shown in the currency that you have associated with your Zoom account.
Searches can be conducted for up to a month at a time. Only meetings that have ended within the past 30 minutes will appear in the reports.
The following requirements must be met in order to view audio conferencing reports
- Subscribing to a plan for audio conferencing
The process of viewing audio conferencing reports
- Please sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- Go to the Account Management section, and then click on Reports in the navigation panel.
- Then click Audio Conferencing in the Usage Reports section.
- You will be able to adjust the date range as necessary and then click Search or Export.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I access Zoom meeting reports?
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Depending on your role, you can either click Account Management then Reports or click Account Management then Usage Reports if you are an owner, admin, or have access to usage reports. …
- To pull a report, click on the type.