Account owners and administrators can change a user’s password by logging into User Management and changing the password for that user.
It is possible that a user’s account can be locked if they have entered the wrong password too many times. It is also possible to unlock the user’s account through the Zoom web portal.
Account owners, account admins, and Zoom Room users cannot change the password for their accounts. In order to change their passwords, they must reset them themselves.
What are the prerequisites for changing a user’s password
- Owners and admins of the account are responsible for the management of the account
How to change the password of a user
Change the password of a user by following these steps:
- If you are an administrator with the privilege of editing account settings, then sign in to the Zoom web portal as an admin user.
- Then click User Management followed by Users in the search bar at the top of the page.
- Select the electronic mail address of the person whose password needs to be changed.
- Then, locate the section titled Change the Login Password and click on it.
- Then, make sure that the new password meets the authentication requirements by typing it twice.
- Save the changes by clicking on the Save button.
There will be a notification that you will be logged out of all your devices, if you change the password. If you want to proceed, click OK.
How to unlock the account of a user
To unlock a user’s account, follow these steps:
- Become an admin of the Zoom web portal with the privilege to edit groups by signing in to the web portal as an admin.
- Go to User Management and then click Users to access the administration window.
- You can unlock the account of the user who has locked their account by clicking Unlock next to their email address.
As soon as they have unlocked their account, you are able to change their password at the Forgot your password? section of Zoom, or they can change their password themselves. Zoom Web Page.