This post was most recently updated on July 29th, 2022
If you enable cloud recording, you will be able to decide what recording settings would be used for any webinars or meetings you want to record. The settings can be applied at a group level, person level, or account level. Additionally, if you are the owner or administrator of the account, you can manage other cloud recording settings related to individual users or groups.
- Members who have paid access can activate or disable a setting in their own account if the setting is not locked.
- Whenever a member’s account settings are locked, he or she will be unable to change any of them and will be required to contact their account administrators in order to do so.
Prerequisites for changing cloud recording settings
- Cloud recording is now available
- if you have a Pro account, Business account, or Enterprise account
- that is licensed
How to apply individual settings to your cloud recordings
The host has the ability to configure specific aspects of cloud recordings, such as what type of view is displayed, whether public chats are included, and the time stamp. In the event that groups or user settings have been previously altered, these settings will be retained. Admins and owners of accounts can make these settings available, disabled, or locked.
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in.
- Click one of the following options under the navigation menu:
- Changing the settings for the entire account can be done by changing the settings under Account Management then Account Settings if you are the account owner or admin.
- Changing the settings for a specified group of users as an account owner or administrator can be accomplished by clicking on User Management, clicking on Groups, and then selecting the name of the appropriate group from the list.
- For those of you who are licensed hosts, you will find the Settings tab.
- You will then need to click the Recording tab.
- From there, you will need to modify the proper basic and advanced settings for the cloud recording.
- Click the “Save” button.
Basic cloud recording settings
Depending on what type of recording you would like to record in your video, you can either check or uncheck the check boxes next to the following cloud recording features. The selection that you make will determine what type of recording will be recorded.
- Record active speaker with shared screen: Using the same video, record both the active speaker’s view and the content shared with the active speaker.
- Record gallery view with shared screen: Use the same video to record the gallery view as well as sharing content.
- Record active speaker, gallery view and shared screen separately: Make sure to make separate recordings of active speaker, gallery view and shared screen.
- If you only want to record active speaker, choose Active speaker.
- If you only want to record the gallery view, choose Gallery view.
- If you only want to record the shared screen, choose Shared screen.
- Record audio-only files: Record only the audio portion of the video. You may record one audio file that includes all participants, a separate audio file for each participant, or even a combination of both. All audio files must be formatted as M4A files.
- Record one audio file for all participants: Each recording is made up of one file that includes all audio from the entire recording.
- Record a separate audio file of each participant: This software records separate audio files for each of up to 200 speakers, so you can play back these recordings separately. For example, this enables you to be more flexible in terms of how you choose to customize something, if you want to improve the audio quality of the recording by editing or applying filters to just one participant’s audio.
- Note: We will create a single audio file that will contain the audio for all the users who join by phone.
- Save chat messages from the meeting / webinar:If you want to save your meeting or webinar chat messages, check this box. The transcript of the chat messages from the meeting/webinar will be emailed to you in a TXT file.
- Note:As for meetings, messaging transcripts will only be saved on the cloud if the messages were sent to everyone. If you attend a webinar, the recorded chat will only include messages sent from the host and panelists to everyone who attends the event. The chat will not include messages that individuals send to each other privately.
Advanced cloud recording settings
In order to fine tune your cloud recordings and to add specifics, you can select or clear the following settings:
- Add a timestamp to the recording:
- When recording a meeting in the cloud, add a timestamp to the meeting. Depending on the host’s Zoom profile, the time will be displayed in the host’s time zone.
- Display participants’ names in the recording:
- The name of the participant will appear in the bottom-right corner of the recording.
- Record thumbnails when sharing:
- It is a good idea to include a thumbnail of the presenter when sharing screens.
- Optimize the recording for 3rd party video editor: Create your video files within the cloud platform that are a standard format, allowing you to edit your video files in third party video editors. As a result, your video files may be larger.
- Audio transcript: If you check this box, your cloud recordings will be automatically transcribed.
- Recording highlights: The meeting details are automatically highlighted in the audio transcript in order to aid in providing information on the meeting.
- Save panelist chat to the recording: During a webinar, panelists are given the possibility to distribute their messages either to all panelists or to all panelists and attendees.
- Save poll results shared during the meeting/webinar: You should include any poll results shared during the meeting/webinar in the cloud recording.
- Save closed caption as a VTT file: On the detail page for the cloud recording, users are able to access the closed captions saved as a VTT file.