This post was most recently updated on July 20th, 2022
If you frequently use the Zoom desktop client, you can enable the setting, Start Zoom whenever I turn on my computer, if you wish. If this feature is selected, the Zoom desktop client opens and displays when you start your computer. As a result, your computer will automatically launch the desktop client every time your computer boots up, making the startup process more convenient and accessible for you.
The Silently start Zoom when I start Windows option, available when Zoom starts automatically when Windows starts, keeps the client minimized in the taskbar and opens the Zoom desktop client silently when Windows starts. In the future, this may be useful as an option if you wish to use the Zoom desktop client while you do other things.
Getting Zoom to start when Windows starts requires certain prerequisites
- Download Zoom desktop client for Windows, version 5.0.0 or higher
What you need to do to start Zoom when Windows starts
For Windows to start with Start Zoom enabled, follow the steps below:
- Access the Zoom Desktop Client by logging in with your Zoom credentials.
- Then, select Settings in the drop-down menu that appears.
- Next, click on General.
- Then, check the box that says Start zoom when Windows starts and click OK.
- In order to enable silent start of Zoom upon startup of Windows, please tick the Silently start Zoom check box.