If a presentation is shared with a higher resolution than yours by a presenter, the pointer can be automatically followed on your desktop client when the presenter shares a screen. This is particularly useful when you can only see part of the shared screen, which allows you to keep your attention on the important part of it, which can help you stay focused.
Prerequisites for following the presenter’s pointer during screen share
- Zoom desktop client
- For Windows: 5.3.1 (52877.0927) or higher
- For macOS: 5.3.1 (52877.0927) or higher
Note:During a Zoom Rooms meeting, the presenter will not be able to share content.
Following the presenter’s pointer during screen share
Using this feature requires that you are viewing the presentation at 100% (original size) to be able to utilize it.
For changing the zoom ratio of the presentation, follow these steps:
- Then click on View Options.
- You will find the Zoom Ratio option after clicking on View Options.
- If you wish to view the presentation at its full screen size, then select a zoom ratio of 100% (or higher).
During a screen sharing session, you can follow the pointer used by the presenter:
- On a Zoom desktop client you can initiate a meeting or join a webinar.
- If the screen-sharing application is launched, the option Follow Presenter’s Pointer automatically becomes active when it starts.
- If you move the shared content manually, you will see that the option to follow the presenter’s pointer has been disabled as you see a message that tells you to do so.
- Select the option Follow presenter’s pointer from the View Options menu if you want to re-enable following the presenter’s pointer.