Account owners and administrators can force the Zoom Meetings feature to be the topic for all meetings, and force Zoom Webinar to be the topic for all webinars. There is also the option to configure the meeting or webinar description so that it cannot be set by users.
As part of this feature, you can create a sandbox where sensitive information cannot be entered in the topic or description of a webinar or meeting.
The prerequisites for locking the meeting/webinar topic or description
- You must be the owner or administrator of the account in order to use it.
What is the best way to lock the meeting or webinar topic or description
The meeting or webinar description can be locked only at the account level and not at the meeting or webinar level.
- If you have the privilege of editing Zoom account settings, please log in as an administrator to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Account Management and then click on Account Settings from the navigation menu.
- Then click the Meetings tab.
- Here you will find toggles that can be used for enabling or disabling the following features:
- Show the meeting topic as always being “Zoom Meeting”
- Hide the meeting description
- Display “Zoom Webinar” as the presentation topic at all times
- by hiding the webinar description
- Click on Enable or Disable if a verification dialog box appears to confirm that the change has been made.
- You will need to check the following boxes before saving the change. Then, you will need to select the language that you would like to use:
- Show meeting description for meetings already scheduled, hide meeting descriptions for other meetings
- Show webinar description for webinars that have already been scheduled, hide webinar description for other webinars
- For people who want to prevent other users in your account from modifying these settings, we recommend that you click on the Lock icon and then confirm the setting by clicking Lock.
After August 21, 2021, the Group Management page has been renamed to Groups. This is a requirement if you have just created a Zoom account after that date and the New Admin Experience is enabled.
- If you are an administrator with the ability to edit groups on Zoom Web Portal, sign in as such.
- In the navigation menu, click User Management then Group Management.
- Click the applicable group name from the list.
- Next, click on the Meeting tab.
- Click the toggle to enable/disable each of the following options under Schedule Meeting.
- Always display the Zoom Meeting topic when you schedule a meeting
- Make sure that you display “Zoom Webinar” when scheduling a webinar
- Click Enable or Disable when prompted to verify the change if a verification dialog appears.
- The grayed-out option indicates that it has been locked at the account level, and that it is needed to be changed at the account level.
- For complete security, you might want to click the lock icon to prevent other users from making changes to these settings. To confirm your choice of setting, click Lock.