As well as sharing PowerPoint presentations and Keynote presentations with others in meetings, you can also share your presentation as a Virtual Background which will allow you to share it more immersively. By using your slides as a Virtual Background you can share your video directly on your screen share. Your audience will be able to view your video directly on the screen share. Furthermore, you are able to control your presentation directly from the Zoom controls within the meeting room itself.
During local recording of the meeting, the video will be embedded on top of the slides of the presenter and on the recording as well. In order for the video to be embedded on the meeting slides, it must have been recorded locally by the host or another participant who is using 5.2.0 or higher. In either case, if the participant is using an older version than 5.2.0 or if they are recording to the cloud, the slides and video will be recorded as if it were a normal screen share.
- There is a desktop version of Zoom available for free download
- for Windows: 5.2.0 (42619.0804) and higher
- for Mac OS X: 5.2.0 (42634.0805) or higher
- Virtual Background feature requires the following system requirements:
- Install both Keynote and Powerpoint on your macOS computer
- Client for Zoom Desktop
- for Windows v5.2.0 (42619.0804) or later
- for Mac OS: 5.2.0 (42634.0805) or later
- for Linux: 5.2.0 (440215.0803) or newer
- Zoom Mobile App
- for Android: 5.2.0 (42588.0803) or newer
- for iOS: 5.2.0 or newer
Sharing a presentation as your background
- In your meeting controls, you will find a Share Screen button that can be clicked.
- Click the Advanced button.
- Under Backgrounds, choose Slides as the background.
- Next, select the PowerPoint file that you wish to use as the background.
- Then, click the Open button.
When you have imported the presentation, you will be able to see the slides as your virtual background once they have been imported. You will automatically see your video, if your video is on, imposed over the slides by default.
Managing slides and video
The controls of the meeting will allow you to manage the slideshow, as well as the video, once the share has begun.
There is a next button and a previous button in the control panel of your meeting, which help you to navigate your slides.
Changing video size and position
For repositioning or resizing your video, please follow the steps below:
- Click on the … option located on the presentation menu.
- Click on the Resize My Video button.
- You can resize the image by clicking and holding one of the four corners of the image, and dragging it from right to left using your mouse.
- Then click and hold the center of the image, which will allow you to drag it around the slide to reposition it accordingly .
Remove your video from slides
In order to avoid imposing your video onto your slides and have it sent as a separate video feed instead, you should follow these steps:
- Click on the … option found under the presentation menu.
- Click on Split Video from Slides.
- Rather than the share of your slides as a normal screen share, your video feed will be sent to your participants as a separate feed. The meeting controls will still allow you to navigate slides, though.
- Using the Merge Video and Slides button, you can upload your video onto a slide and re-impose it onto the slides.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I share my slides on Zoom?
How do you put a virtual background in Zoom when not in a meeting?
- Using Zoom’s desktop client, sign in.
- You can access your profile settings by clicking your profile picture.
- Make sure Backgrounds & Filters are selected.
- If you have a green screen set up physically, check I have a green screen.
- To select the desired virtual background, click on the image or video.
Why does my Zoom background not work?
How do I fix Zoom virtual background without green screen computer doesn’t meet requirements?
- Make sure your system meets the requirements.
- Virtual Background should be enabled. …
- Stay up to date with Zoom.
- Lighting should be adequate.
- Video formats should be checked.