In Zoom Events, conference speakers can be provided with a direct join link that they can use to join the conference. It is possible to join a Zoom desktop session directly through the direct join link, even if you are not logged in, as long as you have a Zoom desktop client account.
Direct join links can be created by hosts one week before an event begins so that speakers are able to join directly. Direct join links are intended to provide hosts and speakers with a substantial amount of lead time before the event so that they can rehearse accordingly.
Using this feature, event hosts are also able to assist speakers who may be having trouble joining an event by providing them with assistance. Direct join links are designed to help speakers in the event that they are prevented from joining an event at the last minute when their assigned session is about to start and they find out that they cannot join. The reason why they might be prevented from attending the event could be a variety of reasons, including the fact that they have a different account on the Zoom desktop client, have forgotten their sign-in information, or their ticket was registered by a different account.
With the direct join link, you will be sent an email with the join link as well as a verification code that will be sent to the speaker. It is possible for speakers to join the target Zoom session by using the link and the verification code that are sent in the email.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to create a direct join link
- View speaker information on the Direct Join Link for Speakers page
- How to manage the direct join link options
- Copy the direct join link
- Resend email
- Delete the direct join link
- Manage Note (for internal tracking)
- Limitation for the direct join link
Prerequisites for the direct join link
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- An account with a Pro edition, a Business edition, an Enterprise edition, or an Education edition
- In order to create a paid event, you will need a Stripe or PayPal Business account
- License for Zoom Events is required
How to create a direct join link
- Join Zoom Events by logging in with your Zoom account.
- To manage your account, go to the top of the page and click on Manage.
- To access the Events section, click the Events menu item on the left side of the screen.
- On the tab Upcoming, you will find a list of upcoming events.
- Click the ellipses next to the conference event that you would like to create a link to for direct joining, and you will be able to do this.
- To manage your registration, click on the Manage Registration button.
- You will find the Registration Tools button at the top right corner of the Manage Registration page.
- Direct Join for Speakers can be accessed by clicking the link below.
- In order to create a Direct Join Link for Speakers, click the Create button on the page.
Note: You will not be able to click Create until one week before your event, because it will be grayed out.
- Upon clicking the Create direct link for Speakers button, you will be presented with the following window.
- The following information must be entered in the window that appears when you click on Create direct join link for Speakers:
- Email to receive the link*: The email address of the speaker should be entered here. If you choose to enter the whole email manually, you can either select it from the speaker list or select it from the speaker list.
- Target session*: If you would like the speaker to participate in a specific session, you can select or enter the session name.
- Name shown in this session*: There will be a display of the speaker’s name in the session, so you must enter it here.
- Note (for internal tracking): Please enter a note (this will not be sent along with the mail) that contains information that you would like included.
- After clicking Create, you will be taken to the creation page.
- Upon confirming the verification dialog box, click the OK button in order to complete the process.
On the Direct Join Link for Speakers page, you will be able to find your direct join link, once you create it.
View speaker information on the Direct Join Link for Speakers page
On the Direct Join Link for Speakers page, once you have created a direct join link for a speaker, you will be able to see the following registrant information (in column view):
- Name: The name of the speaker, as well as his or her first and last name, is displayed.
- Accessible Session: There is a display of the speaker’s target session that is displayed.
- Email to Receive the Link: In this field, it is displayed what email address the speaker will be using to receive the direct link to join.
- Email sent at: Displays the date and time of the last time the speaker received an email from the event organizer.
- Status: A direct join link is displayed in order to indicate whether it has been used or not.
- Action: There are several options when it comes to displaying the Note (for internal tracking) icon and the ellipses for access to more direct join links.
How to manage the direct join link options
There are a number of options available to you after the direct join link has been created, including copying it, resending an email, or deleting it.
Copy the direct join link
Create a link that will allow people to directly join.
- On the Manage Registration page, you will find the Direct Join for Speakers tool, which you can open by clicking on it.
- The Speaker with whom you would like to copy the Direct Join Link for Speakers link should be listed on the Direct Join Link for Speakers page.
- You can do this by clicking the ellipses next to their name.
- You will then be able to copy the link by clicking on it.
Set up a direct joining link on your website.
- You can join a speaker’s presentation directly by accessing the Direct Join for Speakers tool after you have accessed the Manage Registration page.
- Find the speaker for whom you want to resend a reminder email in the Direct Join Link for Speakers page of the event webpage.
- By clicking the ellipses next to their names, you will be able to see their profile.
- If you want to resend the email, click the resend button.
Note: It will be disabled for one minute after the Resend Email option has been successfully used to resend an email.
Delete the direct join link
- Create a link that allows you to sign up directly.
- The Direct Join for Speakers tool can be found on the Manage Registration page once you have accessed it.
- Find the speaker whose direct join link you would like to delete on the Direct Join Link for Speakers page.
- You can do this by clicking the ellipses next to their name.
- Delete the Direct Join Link by clicking on the Delete button.
- You can delete the verification by clicking the Delete button in the verification dialog box.
Note: There is no longer any possibility for a speaker to join a target session after a link has been deleted. They will then no longer be able to access the session as a result of this action.
Manage Note (for internal tracking)
When creating the direct join link, the host may add a note at the bottom of the link, which can be done as follows:
- Make sure there is an internal note attached to the direct join link.
- Go to the Manage Registration page, and then select the Direct Join for Speakers tool available on the page.
- Please go to the Direct Join Link for Speakers page in which you can search for the Speaker whose link you would like to remove from the list.
- Click on the Note (for internal tracking) icon next to their name to add a note.
You will be able to see a pop-up window known as Note (for internal tracking).
- It is optional to click on Edit in the pop-up window that appears when you click Note (for internal tracking):
- In the text box that appears after clicking Edit, you will be able to make changes to your previous note.
- You will be able to save your note once you have finished editing it.
- Please click the OK button when you have finished.
If the host did not add a note when creating the direct join link, when he or she clicks on the Note (for internal tracking) icon in the direct join link creation dialog box, a blank Note (for internal tracking) window will appear. Upon entering an internal note in the text box, they are given the option of saving their progress by clicking Save.
Limitation for the direct join link
There is a limitation associated with the Direct join link for Speakers feature which is as follows:
- In the event creation webpage, you can see a list of event hosts who have invited speakers/panelists to speak at their event. The conference event creation process will automatically add the email addresses of speakers who have received and clicked the direct join link in the conference event creation process under Panelist for this session.
Note: A direct join link will become inactive if the host or co-editor decides to delete this email while editing a session, at the same point the host’s or co-editor’s email will become inactive.
Read it also –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I invite speakers to Zoom?
Install the Zoom application on your computer and launch it. You will find a list of meetings by clicking on Meetings. The meeting title can be found by clicking the title of the meeting  and then clicking Copy Invitation . It is easy to send meetings invitations to your guests through an email message or a calendar invitation by pasting them into a new message.
How do I join Zoom meeting directly with Link?
In the email you received or the calendar invitation you received, look for the meeting invite link. You can join the meeting by clicking the join link located on the meeting page. There will be a pop-up message on your web browser prompting you to open the application or download it
Can you connect Zoom to a speaker?
In order to connect to the Zoom meeting, you will be required to connect your audio once you have connected to the Zoom meeting. Select the option to “Join Audio Conference by Computer” if you want to use the internal microphone and speakers of your computer for the conference. Zoom will select the internal speakers and microphones of your device automatically.
Can anyone with the link join a Zoom meeting?
It does not require you to create an account in order for you to participate in someone else’s meeting if they invite you to it. Nevertheless, if a meeting is restricted to only people with Zoom accounts who can attend the meeting, then it is necessary for a participant to have a Zoom account to connect to the meeting
What is join audio option in Zoom?
The time you join the meeting, you will be given the option of joining the audio session by using one of the following options: Call by Device Audio: Connects the audio via the internet when you join the meeting. Dial-in option: The dial-in option allows you to dial into the Zoom Meeting over the phone. Using this feature, the meeting can be joined by dialing your phone number.