This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
There are several types of address books available on the market. However, most include information such as display names, phone numbers, and locations. It is possible to display information from the Zoom desktop client during an active engagement if the customer is a contact in the Zoom address book as well. It is possible for agents to add a new contact to the address book in the event that the consumer does not already appear in the address book.
It is possible for administrators to organize several address books by creating address book units. A unit for the US, for example, can contain all contact books for the American continent, therefore creating a unit for it can be helpful.
Prerequisites for managing address book units
- Ownership or admin rights of the account
- A pro account, a business account, or a student account
- Licence for Zoom Contact Center
How to create an address book unit
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click Contact Center Management from the navigation menu, and then click Address Books from the drop-down list.
- Click the Create Unit button in the left-side panel of the screen.
- Here are the details you need to provide:
- Unit name: Please enter a display name for the unit that will be displayed internally. There is no way for agents to see what the unit name is.
- Description (Optional):
- If you would like to give the unit a description, please enter it here.
- Then click the Create button.
- Create an address book in the unit by following the instructions provided in the unit.
How to delete an address book unit
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management then Address Books.
- In the left-side panel, hover over a previously-created unit or address book.
- You can choose one of these options by clicking on the ellipses icon:
- Edit Unit / Edit Address Book: You can change the display name of the unit or address book as well as the description of the unit or address book.
- Delete Unit / Delete Address Book: You can delete the unit or the address book by clicking the Delete button. As a result, all information within the unit or address book (address books, contacts, etc.) will also be deleted.