In Zoom Events, hosts are able to look through the history of changes made to their conference event and filter, sort, and search through them. In the conference event workflow, the change history allows Hosts to keep track of updates and edits we make in order to make it easier for them to review and manage the changes in their events. As a host, you have access to sort and filter the change history based upon the date/time, the date range, the editor name, and the step name.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to use the Change History tab
- Change History page
- Sort the Change History tab
- Sort change history by step
- Sort change history by date and time
- Search the Change History tab
- Search change history by date range
- Search change history by editor name
Prerequisites for using the Change History tab in the event creation flow
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- macOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- iOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Accounts for Professionals, Businesses, Enterprises, and Schools
- In order to create a paid event, you will need a Stripe or PayPal Business account
- A license for Zoom Events is required in order to run the event
How to use the Change History tab
Change History page
There is the following information displayed on the Change History page:
- Editor: The user name or email address displayed here is that of the editor.
- Time: The time and date at which the change was made are displayed here.
- Step: The step that shows where the change was made within the event workflow is where the change was made.
- Changes: In this section, you will be able to see the changes that the editor has made.
Sort the Change History tab
Sort change history by step
- You can select All Steps from the drop-down menu located at the top-left corner of the page.
- You can sort the change history of your event workflow step according to the event workflow step you chose:
The workflow step selected will be displayed along with all the changes made to it.
Sort change history by date and time
It is possible to sort your change history according to date and time by selecting the Time heading:
- In order to sort the items in ascending order, click the up arrow.
- In order to sort in descending order, click the down arrow at the top of the list.
Search the Change History tab
Search change history by date range
- On the Change History page, you will find the following information at the top:
- To see the edits made over a period of time, click the Start date or End date boxes to enter a date range for which you wish to see the edits made, or
- You can select a date range by using the drop-down calendar on the right side of the page
- In order to clear the date range, you can hover your mouse over the calendar icon and push the x button when you are finished.
There will be a list of all the changes that were made within the date range that was selected for the change history.
Search change history by editor name
- By clicking the Search by editor search box, you will be able to find a list of editors.
- You can enter an editor’s email address or username if they have one.
Note: In addition to the fuzzy search, there is also a method whereby a term is matched closely rather than exactly on the screen. Depending on your preference, you can search by an email address or a partial username. It is also possible to view all results that are containing a few letters of your username or email address by typing just a few letters into the search field.
The results containing a user name or email address of the editor will be displayed as well.