Your personal meeting room can be accessed both by using your personal meeting ID and by using your personal link. Whenever you need to schedule a meeting, you can do so in your own private room that is always available. A meeting can be started at any time or set up for a future date. There is also the option of scheduling or starting an instant meeting with your PMI.
Additionally, owner and admins of accounts can disable PMI if they wish to require that meeting ID‘s be generated by their users constantly. To update the meeting ID for previously scheduled meetings that used the PMI, users will have to edit any previously scheduled meetings that used it in order to disable the setting and lock the setting. As soon as the meeting ID has been changed, the meeting invitees will need to be re-invited after the meeting ID has been updated.
Customizing your personal meeting ID (PMI)
- You must be a licensed user to do so
Customizing your personal link
- Customizing your personal link Licensed user on a Business, Education, or Enterprise license
What is your Personal meeting ID (PMI)?
You will automatically be assigned a PMI room as a permanent personal meeting room when you sign up for it. It is available for use at any time and can be scheduled for a future meeting. As long as you open your PMI at least once every 365 days, the PMI will remain the same as long as it is used at least once every 365 days, otherwise, it will become invalid and you will have to create a new PMI whenever you access your Profile page.
In the above example, it could be https://zoom.us/j/55511122221, which comes from your PMI. It is possible to create a personalized PMI if you are a Licensed user.
How to customize your PMI
- You need to sign into the Zoom web portal first.
- Then click on “Profile.”.
- You should then click “Edit” next to Personal Meeting ID.
- Your ID should consist of 10 digits.
- The check box for using your PMI for instant meetings should be selected when you click the checkbox.
- To save your changes, click the Save Changes button.
For a group of users, you can disable the setting Enable Personal Meeting ID by following these steps:
- As an admin, you will have the privilege to edit groups when logged into the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the User Management section, then select the Groups option.
- From the list, click on the appropriate group name, and then click on the Settings tab.
- After clicking on the Meetings tab, click Save.
- To enable or disable the ability to use personal meeting ID, click the Enable Personal Meeting ID toggle under Schedule Meeting.
- For users without credentials in your account, you can choose to make this setting mandatory by clicking the lock icon . After that, you can click Lock to complete the transaction.
For personal use, you may disable the setting Enable Personal Meeting ID by following these steps:
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- You will be taken to the Zoom web portal’s Settings page.
- Navigate to the Meeting tab.
- The Personal Meeting ID can be enabled or disabled by clicking the Enable Personal Meeting ID toggle.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between the personal ID and meeting ID in zoom?
What is the meeting ID or personal link name on Zoom?
How do I create a Zoom Meeting link?
Make a meeting appointment. The Meetings tab will appear once you click on it. Click the Copy Invitation button when you have selected the meeting you would like to invite others to. There will be a copy of the meeting invitation available for you to paste into an email or anywhere else you would like in order to send it to the attendees.
How do I find my zoom ID and password?
- By using the Zoom website, you will be able to log in to Zoom.
- You can change the settings by clicking the settings button.
- Your password will appear under the heading ‘Require a password for Personal Meeting ID (PMI)’, which can be found under the meeting section. The password you are about to share with your attendees should be shared with them.
What is a personal zoom link?
How do I create a Zoom meeting link for free?
- Log in to your Zoom web portal by using your Zoom username and password.
- Go to the Meetings page by clicking on it.
- To schedule a meeting, click on the Schedule a Meeting button.
- Decide when and where you would like to meet.
- It is also possible to select other settings if you wish to do so (optional).
- Save the file by clicking on the Save button.