- Your personal meeting room can be accessed both by using your personal meeting ID and by using your personal link. Whenever you need to schedule a meeting, you can do so in your own private room that is always available. A meeting can be started at any time or set up for a future date. There is also the option of scheduling or starting an instant meeting with your PMI.
Additionally, owner and admins of accounts can disable PMI if they wish to require that meeting ID’s be generated by their users constantly. To update the meeting ID for previously scheduled meetings that used the PMI, users will have to edit any previously scheduled meetings that used it in order to disable the setting and lock the setting. As soon as the meeting ID has been changed, the meeting invitees will need to be re-invited after the meeting ID has been updated.
Customizing your personal meeting ID (PMI)
- You must be a licensed user to do so
Customizing your personal link
- Customizing your personal link Licensed user on a Business, Education, or Enterprise license
What is your Personal meeting ID (PMI)?
You will automatically be assigned a PMI room as a permanent personal meeting room when you sign up for it. It is available for use at any time and can be scheduled for a future meeting. As long as you open your PMI at least once every 365 days, the PMI will remain the same as long as it is used at least once every 365 days, otherwise, it will become invalid and you will have to create a new PMI whenever you access your Profile page.
In the above example, it could be https://zoom.us/j/55511122221, which comes from your PMI. It is possible to create a personalized PMI if you are a Licensed user.
How to customize your PMI
- You need to sign into the Zoom web portal first.
- Then click on “Profile.”.
- You should then click “Edit” next to Personal Meeting ID.
- Your ID should consist of 10 digits.
- The check box for using your PMI for instant meetings should be selected when you click the checkbox.
- To save your changes, click the Save Changes button.
Restrictions for customizing your PMI
It is possible to customize your PMI, however there are some limitations. You must choose a number that meets the following criteria:
- Start with a 2-9 (you cannot start with a 0 or a 1)
- There are a few PMI prefixes that are not permitted (toll-free number prefixes):
800, 400, 888, 887, 877, 866, 855, 850, 803, 804, 807, 808, 809, 660, 508, 900, 200, 300, 500, 600, 700
- Please do not repeat 3 digit groups such as 247 247 247x or x247 247 247 247
- 222 444 777x or x222 444 777x must not be repeated for groups with 3 digits
- It is imperative that you do not use the same 8 digits as 222 x22 222x
- The same number cannot be repeated five or more times consecutively like 11111xxxxx, x11111xxxx, xx11111xxx, xxx11111x, xxxx11111x, xxxxx11111x, xxxxx11111
- In addition, sequential numbers such as 123456789x, for example, are not allowed
- As meeting IDs as they would already be in use
What is the personal link?
An individual link is a URL that is associated with a particular meeting room that belongs to the individual. There must be 5 characters at least in the personalized link and no more than 40 characters in your customized link. It must contain only letters, numbers, and periods (.) and should start with a letter and not with any other characters.
You can only have one personal link at a time. You are not allowed to use a common name as your personal link, even if your account has a Vanity URL. Common names cannot be used as your personal link.
Note: You are not going to be using your personal link in the invitation to the meeting, but you will be using your personal meeting ID instead.
How to customize your personal link
- Open the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- Then click on Profile.
- Next to Personal Link, click on Customize.
- You will need to enter the ID or link to your personal information.
- When you are done, click Save Changes.
How to edit your Personal Meeting Room settings
- 1. Log in to the Zoom web portal.
- Select Meetings from the menu.
- Click on the Personal Room button.
- Click on Edit at the bottom of the page.
- Then make the changes you wish to make.
- Save the changes.
Disabling Personal Meeting ID
In case that you are the owner or administrator of the account, you can disable the Personal Meeting ID on your account or for the entire group associated with it. As soon as you disable the feature your users will have this setting set to off by default, but they can turn it back on by changing their user settings. The following steps will guide you through the steps you need to take to disable Personal Meeting ID completely. Follow the steps to disable the setting and complete the optional step to lock it when you are finished.
Users will have to edit any previously scheduled meetings with PMI in order to update the meeting ID once Personal Meeting ID is disabled and locked. The attendees will need to resend meeting invitations to those who have been invited to the meeting after editing the meeting ID.
In order to disable Enable Personal Meeting ID for all user accounts in the account you must follow the steps:
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as a technician with admin privileges and the ability to edit your account settings.
- Go to Account Management then click Account Settings to edit your account settings.
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- To enable or disable the Personal Meeting ID feature, click the Enable Personal Meeting ID switch under Schedule Meeting.
- For users without credentials in your account, you can choose to make this setting mandatory by clicking the lock icon . After that, you can click Lock to complete the transaction.
For a group of users, you can disable the setting Enable Personal Meeting ID by following these steps:
- As an admin, you will have the privilege to edit groups when logged into the Zoom web portal.
- Navigate to the User Management section, then select the Groups option.
- From the list, click on the appropriate group name, and then click on the Settings tab.
- After clicking on the Meetings tab, click Save.
- To enable or disable the ability to use personal meeting ID, click the Enable Personal Meeting ID toggle under Schedule Meeting.
For personal use, you may disable the setting Enable Personal Meeting ID by following these steps:
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in.
- You will be taken to the Zoom web portal’s Settings page.
- Navigate to the Meeting tab.
- The Personal Meeting ID can be enabled or disabled by clicking the Enable Personal Meeting ID toggle.