Heartbleed Bug update in zoom app is a serious vulnerability of the famous OpenSSL cryptographic software library. This weakness makes it possible to steal information protected under normal conditions by means of SSL / TLS encryption used to protect the Internet. SSL / TLS provides communication security and privacy over the Internet for applications such as web, email, instant messaging (IM), and some virtual private networks (VPNs).
- 1 Which version of OpenSSL will be affected?
- 2 How does this affect the Zoom client/app?
- 3 How does this affect the Zoom cloud?
- 4 How does this affect the password?
- 5 Frequently Asked Questions
- 6 Why am I getting a security warning from Zoom?
- 7 Does Zoom have security issues?
- 8 How do I make Zoom more secure?
- 9 Where are Zoom security settings?
- 10 Which is more secure Google meet or Zoom?
- 11 Related Articles
Which version of OpenSSL will be affected?
Status of each version:
・ OpenSSL 1.0.1 to 1.0.1f (including both ends) vulnerability
・ OpenSSL 1.0.1g is not vulnerable
・ OpenSSL 1.0.0 branch is not vulnerable
・ OpenSSL 0.9.8 branch is vulnerable Not
A bug was introduced in OpenSSL in December 2011, and since OpenSSL Release 1.0.1 was released on March 14, 2012, it has been released to the public. OpenSSL 1.0.1g released on April 7, 2014 fixes a bug.
Read it also –
|Security Bash Bug Update For Zoom App
How does this affect the Zoom client/app?
- The Zoom client uses OpenSSL 1.0.0 and is not vulnerable.
How does this affect the Zoom cloud?
- The Zoom application server running on the Zoom cloud uses OpenSSL 1.0.0 and is not vulnerable.
- Regenerate the secret key *. The new zoom.us certificate has been deployed to AWS ELB.
- Re-enter the API key and passed all 3rd party service integration.
How does this affect the password?
There have been no cases where user data or credentials have been compromised.
- When logging in via work email, Zoom only stores passwords encrypted using a one-way hash, so no password change is required.
- If you logged in via Google, please refer to the latest information on Google services Updated.
- If you logged in with Facebook, see Heartbleed Hit List Updates.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why am I getting a security warning from Zoom?
It is not a private connection that you are using. Your financial information or personal information can be stolen by attackers through Zoom, which could be the reason for this attack. In this case, Zoom was unable to prove that this server was Zoom. Gateway Authentication is the company that issues its certificate.
Does Zoom have security issues?
How do I make Zoom more secure?
- It is important to encrypt a meeting in order to ensure its security.
- Attendees may be able to wait in waiting rooms created for them.
- In order for the meeting to begin, the host must be present.
- It is possible to expel all the participants or one participant at a time.
- Activities of participants should be suspended.
- The meeting can be locked at any time.
- It is possible to add a watermark to a screen share.
- A signature that can be heard.
Where are Zoom security settings?
Which is more secure Google meet or Zoom?