On the Recordings page, when you click on a video recording that you would like to playback, you are taken to a new tab in your browser that includes a Download and Share option. A playback range can also be set for a shared video so that it starts and ends at the times you specify, removing any parts which are not needed from the beginning and end of the video.
There is no trimming of your recordings when you use the playback range. Regardless of the range of playback you have set, if you download the recording, it will still play at the same length as it was when it was originally recorded. The audio transcript for cloud recordings can also be viewed if the feature has been enabled.
Note: If the user views the recording using a low bandwidth mode on their computer, such as Internet Explorer or Safari, or on a mobile device, the playback range will not apply to them.
Prerequisites for setting the playback range of a cloud recording
- Cloud recording is enabled on your Zoom account
How to trim the beginning and end of a Zoom cloud recording
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by logging in to your account.
- Using the navigation bar, select Recordings from the drop-down menu.
- Please click the topic of the meeting that you want to play the video for, then click the thumbnail for the video you want to watch.
In a new tab of the browser, you will see the recording start playing, along with the controls which are available, including Play/Pause, Volume, Speed, Set Playback Range, Show/Hide Subtitles, and Full Screen options.
- To set the playback range, click the Set Playback Range button.
- When you have finished setting the start and end times of the recording, click Save to save the settings for the recordings.
- In the Zoom web portal, where the specific recording is located, click the Copy shareable link button to copy the link to your computer.
Note: Upon clicking on the share link, you will be provided with access to a recording that will be played only for the duration that is specified. Viewers can still access the full recording if you enable downloads for the recording, even if you enable downloads for the recording.