In this article we go over how to join a Zoom meeting using a variety of software, including Lync 2010, Lync 2013, Office 365 and Skype for Business. As a panelist, when users join a webinar through Skype for Business or Lync, users will be able to speak according to the webinar rules.
In addition to using our Skype for Business Plugin, this can also be used in conjunction with it.
- It is necessary for you to purchase a Pro, Enterprise, Business, or Education plan
- Skype for Business 2010 Windows client, Skype for Business 2011 Mac client, Lync 2010 Windows client, Skype for Business 2013 Windows client, Skype for Business 2016 Windows client
- Enabled by the owner of the account or an admin of the account
- The audio call can be made with G.722, G.711, or SILK 16K codecs
- Video calls can be made with H.264UC or RTVC1
- On native desktops or by using RDP for application sharing
- And encryption of media using the SRTP protocol
- Presently, the Lync/Skype for Business platform does not support whiteboarding, Powerpoint presentations, instant messaging, and voting
- Zoom supports whiteboarding and PPT screen sharing
- When participating in webinars
Enabling the Skype for Business/Lync Integration
- To change your account settings, you will need to access the Zoom Web Portal by logging in.
- Zoom Meeting (Advanced) – Under the Advanced tab, toggle the option Allow Skype for Business (Lync) clients to participate in Zoom meetings to on (blue).
After the change has been saved, a verification dialog box will appear. Click Turn On.
Read it also-
|Skype For Business Lync Plug In For Zoom App|
|Zoom Application Introducing How To Work With Skype For Business|
|Network Firewall Settings For Skype Lync In Zoom|
Using the Skype for Business/Lync Integration
- The host or organizer of the Zoom meeting should provide you with the Zoom meeting ID
- By launching Skype for Business or Lync and selecting “Contacts”. Select “Find a Contact” to find the correct person
- Please use the meeting ID 967514938 and the joining link is https://zoom.us/j/967514938. For convenience, we’ve provided the example meeting ID 967514938 at the end of this post. When the meeting invitation is sent out, you will see this in the invitation. Select either the camera icon or the video icon after searching for the contact to initiate a Skype/Lync meeting with them.
- A Zoom meeting will then be initiated for the contact.
- Using the Call Controls you can enter the numeric password provided if you are prompted to enter a password during the meeting.
- If you press the “1” key, you will switch from Gallery View (2×2, 3×3, 4×4, and 5×5) to Active Speaker view by toggling between each of those layouts
- For one participant: just Active Speaker
- For 2 to 4 participants: 2×2, Active Speaker for up to 6 participants: 4×6
- For 5 to 9 participants: 2×2, 3×3, Active Speaker
- For 10 to 16 participants: 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, Active Speaker
- There are 17 participants in total: 2×2, 3×3, 4×4, 5×5, Active Speaker
- In the event that the current Gallery View does not show all participants, you can click “4” or “6” to navigate between screens.
Please see our Lync Federation setup guide for instructions on how to set up Zoom federation with Skype for Business/Lync.