This post was most recently updated on September 22nd, 2022
This article lists the requirements for using the Zoom mobile app on iOS, iPad OS, and Android.
Content of this article:
- Supported OS
- Web Start Supported Browsers
- Processor requirements
- Recommended bandwidth
Zoom System requirements for iOS and Android
- Internet connection- WiFi (a / g / n / ac) or wireless (3G or 4G / LTE)
- (Optional) Bluetooth wireless speaker and microphone
Zoom Supported operating system in Mobile
- iOS 8.0 or later
- iPadOS 13 or later
- Android 5.0x or later
Zoom Supported Web Start Browsers
- iOS / iPadOS: Safari5 +, Chrome
- Android: Webkit (default), Chrome
Processor requirements for Zoom
- 1 GHz single-core processor or higher (non-Intel)
Recommended bandwidth for Zoom In mobile
The bandwidth used by Zoom is optimized for the best experience based on the participant‘s network. Bandwidth is automatically adjusted according to 3G or WiFi.
Recommended bandwidth when using WiFi:
- For one-on-one video calls : 600 kbps (up / down)
- for high-quality video, 1.2 Mbps (up / down)
- For group video calls : 600kbps / 1.2Mbps
- For 720p HD video: 2.6 Mbps/1.8 Mbps (up/down)
- For 1080p HD video: 3.8 Mbps/3.0 Mbps (up/down)
- For gallery view: 1.5Mbps / 1.5Mbps (up / down)
Bluetooth speakerphone and microphone
- Jabra Speak 510
- Logitech P710e
- Plantronics Calisto 620
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Zoom compatible with iPhone and Android?
What version of Android do I need for Zoom?
What iOS is needed for Zoom?
- The front camera will be able to be used to send and receive video as well as track and pre-record it, whereas the rear camera will be able to grasp it. It can be used with iPhone 4 or later, iPhone 3GS (no front facing camera), iPad mini 2 or later, iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th generation, iPad Pro, iPad Mini, iPad 2, iPad 2 or later, iPad mini 2 or later, iPad 2, iPad 2 or later.
- It is recommended that you use an iPad with iOS 13 or later.
- The Android operating system must be version 5.0 or higher.
Does Zoom work on iPhone?
Can I use Zoom in iPad MINI 1?