In order to use the click-to-dial feature, Zoom Phone users need to click on a phone number in order for that number to be automatically rung. In order to use click-to-dial, an application must support hyperlinks, such as a browser, email client, or Microsoft Office for example. Several protocols, including tel and callto, must be associated with these links for click-to-dial to work.
- 1 Prerequisites for using click-to-dial and highlight-to-call
- 2 Windows
- 3 MacOS
- 4 Android
Prerequisites for using click-to-dial and highlight-to-call
- Zoom desktop client for Windows or macOS, version 5.2.1 or higher
- Zoom mobile app for Android, version 5.6.6 or higher
- With a license for Zoom Phone
- If you want click-to-dial to function, your links must be tagged with callto or tel. Android does not support the callto links.
- In the search box on the Windows desktop, type “default apps.”.
- When the search results appear, click Default apps.
- After clicking Default apps, choose a protocol by which you wish to use your applications.
- You can find CALLTO by searching for it, clicking Choose a default, and then selecting Zoom Meetings. You can select Zoom Meetings from the list of already assigned apps if you already have one chosen.
- Find TEL, click to select a default meeting, then Zoom Meetings can be selected. Select Zoom Meetings from the list of apps you have already assigned.
- A program that supports hyperlinks, such as Microsoft Office, can be used to click on a phone number. Regardless of call-to-address or tel protocol, the number needs to be properly tagged. It’s usually possible to see if a phone number is tagged by hovering over it.
- After the process of selecting Zoom Meetings and Always use this app has been completed, you can select Always use this app.
- Select OK.
You will receive a call from Zoom Phone.
- Dial the number using the phone icon. Find out how to make and receive phone calls with Zoom Phone.
Using click-to-dial (web browser)
- Go to your web browser and open it.
- Look for a phone number found on a website and click on it. There must be a callto or tel protocol attached to the phone number in order for it to work properly. To check if a phone number is tagged, you can hover over it.
- You will be prompted to select an app to open the link when the link has been opened.
- Chrome: Choose an app to open the link. When you click on a phone number, Chrome will open Zoom automatically for you. If you check this box, Zoom will open when you click the number.
- Firefox: Open the app you want, then click Open link. When you click on phone numbers, Firefox will automatically open Zoom. Check the box to have it do that.
- On the menu, select Zoom Meetings. Ensure that this app is a permanent choice.
- Click the OK button.
- You will receive a phone call from Zoom Phone.
- To place the call, click on the phone icon. Click here to learn more about using Zoom Phone to make and receive phone calls.
- You will be able to access the keyboard shortcut settings here.
- Click the Ctrl+P shortcut, highlight the number, and search the directory.
- Enable global shortcuts by checking the box.
- Then highlight the number in any online application, such as a web browser or Microsoft Outlook.
- You can then call it by pressing Ctrl+P.
Read it also –
|Recording Highlights In Zoom App
- FaceTime is now open.
- You can choose to open it by clicking on FaceTime then on the Preferences option.
- From there, you can choose the Settings option.
- During the dialog box’s creation, at the bottom there is a field named Default for incoming calls.
Note: You may not be able to find zoom.us in the list of available choices if you have signed out of macOS and signed back into it.
- Set keyboard shortcuts by accessing the settings.
- To call the highlighted number, click on the **C shortcut.
- You need to make sure that Enable Global Shortcuts is selected.
- In any program, you can highlight any phone number you want. If you are using Microsoft Outlook or a web browser, you can do this.
- For the number Ctrl+Shift+C (**C) to be called, press Ctrl+Shift+C (**C).
- Go to your web browser and open it.
- Look for the number on the web page that is located in the contact section. It is important that the phone number is tagged with the correct tel number.
- Upon requesting for the Zoom link to open, simply accept the option.
- To open the tel link from Zoom, click Just once if you are prompted to use Zoom just once. Tap Always if you want Zoom to open Tel Links as your default app for this purpose.
- The selected number will be automatically called by Zoom Phone. Zoom Phone has several features that will help you make and receive calls more easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you use Zoom dial option?
- There is a number provided for you to call.
- You will then have to enter your meeting number after you have entered your meeting ID.
- You need to enter a number after your participant ID after you have entered the participant ID.
- In the case that you are prompted for a passcode, please enter it followed by a #.
- Once you have dialed in, you will be prompted to tap Close.
Does Zoom have a calling feature?
What does dial in on Zoom mean?
How do I call a Zoom meeting from my phone?
- The number to call is (669)900-6833 if you are using a telephone. The phone numbers of Zoom are often updated, so please keep this in mind. …
- The facilitator of the meeting will provide the meeting attendees with a Zoom meeting ID, and that ID will need to be entered via a prompt in the Zoom meeting ID prompt provided by the facilitator of the meeting.
- By hanging up the phone, you will be able to disconnect from the meeting.