Using Zoom’s Sentry chat interface, you can receive notifications for Sentry events via Zoom IM chat channels that are subscribed to the Sentry system.
- A Pro account, a Business account, an Education account, or an Enterprise account
- Your Zoom account administrator must pre-approve any changes to your account
Note: Should you have any questions regarding whether or not your Zoom account has pre-approval for installation, please contact the Zoom account administrator of your Zoom account.
- An account with Sentry is required to use this service
Installation and configuration
Installing from Zoom Marketplace
- You will need to log in to your Zoom account in order to access the Zoom Marketplace.
- You can find Sentry by searching for it on the app store and clicking on it.
- After choosing Add, you will be able to confirm the permissions required for the app, and you will be able to authorize it.
In the left-hand pane of your Zoom client, you will notice that the app has been installed and it will appear under the APPS section.
Using the Sentry Chatbot
If you’d like to receive notifications regarding Sentry events in the channel where you would like to receive them, you can use the following chat commands:
A list of all the commands that can be typed into the Sentry chatbot can be found by typing /sentry help.
If you would like to add a subscription for your current channel, you can type /sentry connect *your OrganizationName> *yourProjectName> to the sentry command line.
We will send you a direct message to authenticate your Sentry account if you have not yet authorized your Sentry account.
If you are not currently logged into Sentry, you will be asked to log in if you don’t already have an account with us. Click the link in the message to authenticate to Sentry. It is then necessary to approve the Sentry app’s access permissions in order to use it:
You can subscribe the current Zoom chat channel to notifications from Sentry by typing /sentry connect *your OrganizationName in sentry> *yourProjectName in sentry> within your Zoom chat window. As soon as a notification channel has been subscribed to notifications, Sentry events will be displayed on the channel:
If you want to remove a subscription related to the specified organization and project from the current channel, type /sentry disconnect [your OrganizationName in sentry] [yourProjectName in sentry]. It is also possible to remove all subscriptions for this channel by typing /sentry disconnect, with no parameters.
For more information about the subscriptions for the channel you are currently viewing, type /sentry configure.
If you type /sentry configure all, you will be able to see all of your subscriptions for all channels in your account.
Removing the Sentry Chatbot
- You can access the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating there.
- Using the search box, search for Sentry and click the app to install it. You can also select the Added Apps option to see your installed apps.
- Select the Remove option next to Sentry.
- When the uninstallation is complete, click the Remove button to confirm the uninstallation.
Read it also –
|Using Zoom Chat Integration For Atlassian Bitbucket Chatbot|
|How To Use Zooms Incoming Webhook Chatbot|
|How To Use The Trello Chatbot In Zoom App|
- There are several information that this app can access about Zoom, including:
- The following information can be accessed by this app on Sentry:
- The ability for admins to read and write data at an administrative level.
- Zoom has granted the following permissions to this chat app:
- A chat message can be sent from this chat app to an IM channel or a Zoom user under the Zoom account using the messaging feature.
- There are the following permissions that this chat app has on Sentry:
- Admin-level Sentry operations will be accessible to this chat app through Sentry’s API.
- This chat app sends encrypted communications between it and Zoom/Sentry through the following mechanisms:
- Protocol: TLS 1.2
- Cipher suite: ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256
- Key length: 128 bits
- Perfect Forward secrecy: YES
- The following credentials are stored in the local data store of this chat app:
- An encrypted database is used to store the OAuth credentials for Zoom and Sentry (both at the admin level and at the user level).
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you zoom in on chatbot?
How do you add bots to zoom channel?
- Log in to Zoom as an administrator with editing rights and click Integration.
- Workplace is located at the bottom of the page.
- Once you’ve logged into Workplace with your Zoom email address, click Authorize and log in.
- Install the software.
How do you automate a meeting in Zoom?
Does Zoom have a scheduling tool?
Does Zoom have group chat?
1-on-1 or group chat
The top of the chat panel now features a new chat button. Click it to start a new chat. You can chat with Zoom contacts by entering their name or email address. Additional names and email addresses can be added as needed. To send your message, enter your message and press Enter.
Related Articles –