As part of the Zoom Workspace Reservation user flow, Zoom Phone Appliances (ZPA) are supported by Zoom Phone. It is possible to make a reservation for a workspace in the office with the help of Workspace Reservation. With Zoom, it is easy for users to reserve available locations, whether they need desks or meeting rooms, by using a Virtual Receptionist Kiosk or Zoom Rooms for Touch devices, or by accessing the Zoom web portal. With Workspace Reservations, you are able to check in to Zoom-enabled desks with a QR code, view interactive maps, and find out what desks are vacant.
- There is support for all ZPA models.
- When adding ZPA to the reservation system, admins have the opportunity to make it available for desks.
- In the reservation system, users are able to make reservations for Zoom Rooms and ZPAs.
- When the device is available or reserved, ZPA displays an indicator of the status of the device.
This article covers:
- How to sign in to a workspace with Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- Sign in to a reserved desk using QR code on mobile devices
- Sign in to a reserved desk manually on Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- How to reserve available workspace on Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- How to reserve workspace on a Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- How to reserve a Zoom Room on Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
Prerequisites for using Workspace Reservation for Zoom Rooms
- In order to enable Workspace Reservation through Zoom Rooms and/or Zoom Phones, your organization needs to have a license for each of those products.
- App Zoom for mobile devices
Note: In order to scan QR codes, this is required.
- The Android operating system requires a version of 220.127.116.1102 or higher
- In order to use iOS, you must have version 5.9.0 or higher
- If you have a Touch device, Zoom Rooms on that device is required, version 5.9.0 or higher.
- Appliances for Zoom Phones (Optional)
How to sign in to a workspace with Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
Sign in to a reserved desk using QR code on mobile devices
- You should ensure that your Zoom mobile app is up to date and that you are using the latest version.
- On the Zoom Rooms Device screen, the QR code can be scanned when there is an existing reservation.
- Make sure that you are signed into the Zoom app on your mobile device.
- You will be able to change the settings by tapping Settings.
- You can scan the QR code on the screen by tapping Scan QR Code and scanning the QR code on the screen.
The QR code can also be scanned with the camera on your phone if you have one.
- Tap Check in on the Confirmation page.
Your screen will display a green checkmark once you have successfully checked in. You will be able to access your account from the device
- In the bottom left corner, tap Check Out to check out.
Sign in to a reserved desk manually on Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- The Zoom Rooms for Touch app allows you to reserve a desk on your device.
- Click on the button that says Check in.
- Sign in with your email address or enter the pairing code on the Sign In page, and you will be able to sign in.
- At the bottom left corner of your screen, you will see a check out button. Tap this button to check out.
How to reserve available workspace on Zoom Rooms for Touch devices
- Choose an available desk from Zoom Rooms for Touch on your mobile device.
- You will be able to check in by tapping the Check in button.
- Click on the Reserve button to begin the reservation process.
- If you would like to make a reservation, you will need to select the date and time from the Reserve pop-up window.
Tap on Custom if you would like to set a specific reservation time for your reservation.
- Click on the Confirm button.
- Click on the Reserve via email option or scan the QR code in the confirmation pop-up window to confirm the reservation.
- Using the Zoom app or a camera is the best way to scan the QR code.
- Please enter your e-mail address in order to confirm via e-mail.
- Click on the Reserve button.
How to reserve workspace on a Zoom Rooms Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- To reserve a workspace from the map on the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk, you simply need to tap it.
A workspace that is green indicates that it is available for use. Workspaces that are in red indicate that they are reserved.
- The Reserve button will appear once you have tapped it.
- When you are on the Reserve page, you will be able to select the date and time that you would like to book.
If you tap Custom, you will be able to set a custom reservation time for your reservation.
- Confirm your decision by tapping the Confirm button.
- If you wish to confirm the reservation or reserve via email, you will need to scan the QR code on the confirmation page.
- With the Zoom app or with a camera, you can scan the QR code to scan it with your smartphone.
- By entering your email address, you will be able to confirm your order by email.
- You can reserve your seat by tapping the Reserve button.
How to reserve a Zoom Room on Virtual Receptionist Kiosk
- Select a Zoom Room from the map on the Virtual Receptionist Kiosk.
The Zoom Room is available if it is green. Red indicates a reserved Zoom Room.
- Select Reserve.
- You can perform the following actions on the Reserve screen:
- To confirm your reservation, tap Confirm.
After reserving successfully, the Zoom Rooms map will be displayed on the screen.