You have access to a chat area where you can compose your own messages, take screenshots, and store files that are only visible to you.
Prerequisites for using your personal chat space
- You can use Zoom on Windows, Mac, and Linux
- As well as on iOS and Android
How to access your personal chat space
Windows | macOS
- Open the Zoom desktop application and sign in to it.
- Then click the Chat button.
- You will see a list of your prior STARRED activities. Click one and take a look.
- When you have entered your notes press Enter to send them to yourself so that you don’t lose them.
- Join the Zoom desktop client by logging into your account.
- When the chat window appears, click it.
- You will be able to see your name under the STARRED section.
- You can add notes by typing in the text box and hitting Enter to send it to yourself.
Android | iOS
- Open the Zoom application in your mobile device and sign in.
- Select the Meet and Chat option.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, you will find a star icon.
- Simply tap the star icon to reach your name.
- You can now save notes by sending them to yourself.
How to use your personal chat space
Zoom chat offers a number of different features that you can use to communicate. In order to save the content to your personal space, please press Enter on the keyboard in order to send it to yourself.
- Screenshots are captured when a portion of the screen is captured
- And stored as a picture or a file
- In order to save a snippet of code (only on desktop clients)
- Click on the emoticons or GIFs and save them