This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
It is possible to view the captioning on the Zoom Rooms display if closed captioning or live transcription is available as part of a meeting.
Prerequisites for viewing closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- Version 5.0.5 or higher of Zoom Rooms (view captions only) is required.
- Whether it is a closed captioned meeting or a live transcription of the meeting
- With this role, you will be able to edit Zoom Rooms at any time
How to enable closed captioning in Zoom Rooms
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click on the Room Management link in the navigation menu and then on Zoom Rooms in the drop-down menu.
- The Zoom Room where you would like to enable closed captioning can be accessed by clicking Edit next to the Zoom Room.
- Click on the Meetings tab at the top of the screen.
- To enable or disable manual captions and automated captions (live transcription) in the meeting, click the toggle next to In Meeting (Advanced).
How to view closed captions or live transcription in a Zoom Room
- Attend a meeting where closed captioning is being provided by the host as well as live transcription of the meeting.
- Whenever you have live transcriptions or closed captioning enabled on your Zoom Rooms controller, you will be able to see a red dot appear over the settings icon.
- In the settings icon, tap Closed Caption, and then tap on the button to enable it.
- Enable Closed Caption by tapping the toggle next to it.
- With the slider bar, you can adjust the text size (optional).