When Zoom Rooms is set up to restart your computer every week, this functionality automatically does so if the following conditions are met:
- According to the local time of the computer, between the hours of 1:00 a.m. and 6:00 a.m.
- In the event that the room is not currently in use by a meeting in progress
Normally, Zoom Rooms will restart its computer on Saturdays, but you have the option to choose another day on which to restart your computer.
- Version 5.0.5 or higher of Zoom Rooms is required
- There is an option to enable auto login
- Zoom Rooms can only be edited by a role with edit access
How to enable the weekly system restart
- To access Zoom’s web portal, you will need to sign in.
- Then click on Zoom Rooms under the Room Management tab.
- The location hierarchy can be used to enable this setting for a specific location or room based on its hierarchy. If you would like it to be enabled for your entire account, click Account Settings on the menu.
- To access the Meetings tab, click on it.
- Check that the Weekly system restart option is enabled on the System Restart page, and if it is, then you can enable it. You can enable the setting if it is disabled by clicking the toggle at the bottom of the window. The change can be verified by selecting Enable if a verification dialog appears.
- If you want to restart the computer(s) on a specific day, select the day from the drop down menu.