Enabling or disabling Show a “Join from your browser” link
The Zoom web client can be used on desktop computers or laptops by participants who are not able to install the Zoom software on their computer. Zoom web access does not offer all of the functionality that the Zoom software offers.
Clicking on the link to participate in the meeting will result in the Join from your browser link appearing. There are two ways you can do this-either you can automatically notify participants that they can join from their browser or you can require them to download Zoom first.
Clicking Join from the participant’s browser will allow them to participate. When they are asked for their names, they will then be able to join the meeting.
- For participants to be able to see the Join from your browser link, the meeting host must have E2EE disabled.
- It is default that Zoom participants joining via the web client will not require them to be logged in to their Zoom account, however the host may require them to do so.
Prerequisites for Show a “Join from your browser” link
- An account owner or administrator has the following privileges:
How to enable or disable Show a “Join from your browser” link
If you want to show a “Join from your browser” link for all accounts, please follow the following steps:
- As an administrator of your account, you can now edit account settings by logging in to the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Account Management then click on Account Settings in the navigation menu.
- Click on Meetings from the drop down menu.
- To enable or disable the Show a “Join from your browser” link option, click the toggle switch in the In Meeting (Advanced) section.
- You may be prompted for verification in the future. If this happens, click Enable or Disable to confirm the change.
- Adding this setting to your profile as mandatory for all users does not require any special action on your part. If you want this setting to be mandatory, click the lock icon , and then click Lock to confirm.
For groups of users that you want to show a “Join from your browser” link: You can do it by clicking on the following:
- You need to sign into the Zoom web portal as an administrator with group editing permissions to access the Zoom web platform.
- Then click User Management in the navigation bar followed by Groups.
- On the list that appears, click the name of the relevant group.
- On the tab that appears, click Meetings.
- Click the Show a “Join from your browser” link toggle to enable or disable the show a “Join from your browser” link option under In Meeting (Advanced).
- Clicking on Enable or Disable will display a dialog box for you to verify the changes.
Note: If an option is grayed out, it means that it has been locked at the account level and this needs to be done there.
- For those of you who would like to make this setting mandatory for everyone in the group, please click the lock icon to confirm the settings, and then click Lock to confirm the changes.
In order to disable or enable Show a “Join from your browser” link for your own use: click the following links:
- Log into the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- You will find Settings on the left side of the screen.
- Choose Meetings from the list.
- You have the option of enabling or disabling the Show a “Join from your browser” link under In Meeting (Advanced).
- If a verification dialog appears, you can verify the change by clicking Enable or Disable.
Note: A greyed out option means that it has either been locked at the group level or at the account level. For more information, please contact your Zoom administrator.