Providing consent to be recorded
Prerequisites for providing recording consent
- For the Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 4.4.52570.0415 or higher
- macOS: 4.4.52551.0414 or higher
- Linux: 2.8.182678.0412 or higher
- For the Zoom mobile app
- Android: 4.4.52504.0411 or higher
- iOS: 4.4.52481.0411 or higher
How to provide consent to be recorded
If the device prompts you to provide consent, you can typically choose from the following options:
- If you agree to be recorded, click Continue.
- If you wish to opt out of the meeting, click Leave Meeting.
Zoom Rooms for Touch
If you are a participant in a meeting that is being recorded, a message may appear that says: “This meeting is being recorded. By continuing in the meeting, you and all other participants in the meeting are consenting to being recorded.”. Do you want to continue?
In the event that a recording is initiated after you’ve entered the meeting, a message will appear: “By participating in the meeting, you consent to being recorded. Do you wish to continue?”
Depending on which scenario you are in, you can choose to either do the following:
- If you agree to be recorded, tap Continue.
- If you don’t want to be recorded, tap Leave Meeting and opt out of being recorded.
Accessed via SIP/H.323/WAP
If you are asked to provide consent, you can choose between the following options:
- Please tap # if you are willing to be recorded.
- You can choose to opt out and exit the session by tapping *.