Waiting rooms can be created and edited by administrators. An inbound video engagement can be supplemented by a waiting room that offers a rich media experience while the customer waits for an agent. It is possible, for instance, to display the company logo and indicate a brief description of your company in order to inform consumers that an agent will connect with them shortly. It is possible to change the settings of a Waiting Room after it has been created.
This article covers:
- How to add a Waiting Room
- How to edit or duplicate a Waiting Room
Prerequisites for managing Waiting Rooms
- Ownership or administrative privileges on an account
- Account type: Professional, Business, or Education
- A license for Zoom Contact Center is required
How to add a Waiting Room
- Signing into Zoom’s web portal will allow you to access the web portal.
- In the navigation menu, click Contact Center Management, where you will see a link to the Waiting Room.
- Click the Add button.
- Please provide the following information:
- Name: Please enter a display name for the Waiting Room in order to make it easier to identify it.
- Description (Optional): In order to describe the Waiting Room internally, enter the following information.
- Click on the Save button to save your changes.
In the Waiting Room section of the website, you can find information about the new waiting room.
- It is possible to change the settings of the new Waiting Room by clicking on the display name of it.
How to edit or duplicate a Waiting Room
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Select Contact Center Management from the navigation menu and then select Waiting Room from the list.
- If you click the ellipses icon (…), then you will be able to choose from the following options in the last column:
- Edit: It is possible to change the settings of the Waiting Room.
- Customize: In order to customize the Waiting Room, you will need to change the settings.
- Duplicate: In a new Waiting Room, duplicate the Waiting Room’s settings. The display name and description will need to be changed.