This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
Note: Zoom must enable this feature for your account in order for it to be available. Please give support a minimum of three business days after contacting them for the feature to be enabled.
Calls in the call log can be assigned client codes by account owners or admins. With this feature, organizations can charge customers on the basis of the length of the call rather than the date and time of the call. If a firm charges by the hour for consultations, such as an accounting firm, it can assign a client code to each call, making it easier to identify and bill the call.
Prerequisites for assigning client codes to phone calls
- Zoom enables this feature
- Through Zoom Phone licenses
How to assign a client code using logs (admin)
In order to assign a client code to a call following its completion, you can access the call log via the client code.
Note: After a client code is assigned, the associated phone user of the call can view the code on the client side.
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging in with your Zoom account.
- Click on Phone System Management, then click Logs from the drop-down menu.
- The ellipses icon (…) is located at the bottom of the right-hand column. Click the icon on the right to access the menu. Then click Add Client Code or Edit Client Code (if an existing client code is assigned).
- Please enter a number ranging from 3 to 16 digits.
- Then click the Save button.
How to assign a client code using call history (phone user)
Note: The Zoom Phone administrator can view or edit the client code after it has been assigned to a client.
- Join the Zoom web portal by logging into your Zoom account.
- Then click Phone.
- From there, you can choose History.
- You can edit the client code by clicking on the ellipsis icon (…) on the right-hand side of the page.
- The client code must be 3 to 16 digits in length.
- Click on Save.