It is possible to add custom images as backgrounds to all Zoom Rooms in your account, or to specific rooms, floors, or locations within your account, within the Zoom web portal.
Besides customizing all of Zoom Rooms’ digital signage content, you will also be able to change the background image on the scheduling display devices so that you can use an image of your choice when the room is not in use.
This article covers:
- Zoom Rooms background image requirements
- How to add a default background image for all Zoom Rooms
- How to add or change the background image for an individual room, floor, or location
Prerequisites for managing the customization of a Zoom Rooms background
- An account owner or an administrator must have the following privileges:
- Version 3.5.19327.0620 or higher of Zoom Rooms is required
Zoom Rooms background image requirements
Follow these guidelines before uploading your custom background:
- Format: GIF, JPG/JPEG, or 24-bit PNG (without alpha). White backgrounds will be displayed when transparent areas are present in PNGs.
- Minimum dimension: 960px
- Maximum dimension: 1920px
- Recommended dimensions: Aspect ratio: 16:9. Dimensions: 1920px by 1080px. The background image may appear with black bars if the image does not have a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Maximum file size: 5 MB
Sample images: An instruction with a meeting list is shown on TV as standard instruction
These are a few sample icons to get you started: Zoom Rooms
How to upload a default background image for all Zoom Rooms
- The Zoom web portal can be accessed by account owners and admins by logging in to the portal.
- To access Zoom Rooms, click on the Room Management link in the navigation menu.
- The Account Settings link can be found by clicking on it.
- You can access your account profile by clicking the Account Profile tab.
- Locate the Zoom Rooms Background image under the Setup tab of the Zoom Rooms settings.
- Click on the Upload Image button.
Note: Please ensure that your image complies with our guidelines before uploading.
- Click the Open button after you have selected the image you would like to open.
As soon as you have chosen a setting, a preview of the image will appear below it.
- Click the lock icon next to the default image within your Zoom Room account if you want to prevent this image from being used by Zoom Rooms. Once you click Lock, you will be given the option to confirm your choice.
The next time that you want to change your background image, simply click Upload New Image below the current default image in the upper right of your screen. Delete the Zoom Room background image if you would like to remove it as the default background for all Zoom Rooms in your account when you click Delete.
How to change the background image for an individual room, floor, or location
You can upload a custom background image for a specific floor, room, or location as long as the default image is not locked at the account level.
- You will have to log in as an account owner or administrator in order to access the Zoom web portal.
- Click on Room Management then Zoom Rooms from the navigation menu on the left hand side.
- To apply a background to a room, floor, or location, start by finding it in the tabs, and use the search function in order to locate it. Next, click Edit to the right of the room, floor, or location.
Tip: It is a good idea to move the current window to a wider screen so you can see the Edit button or to use the horizontal scroll bar at the bottom of the panel if you don’t see it.
- To edit the profile of a room, click on the Profile tab.
- Under the Zoom Rooms setting, you should be able to locate the Background image for this setting under the Setup menu.
There will be an image preview displayed on the right side of your screen if a default image has been set at the account level along with the notification “Using account settings” if one exists.
- You can upload a new image by clicking on the Upload New Image button.
Note: Our guidelines must be followed when uploading an image.
- Click Open after selecting your image.
An image preview will appear for that specific location or room.
Tip: If you want to remove an image you have uploaded, click Reset. You will be replaced by the default image if there is one uploaded at the account level.