This post was most recently updated on July 23rd, 2022
You can make it possible for your users to schedule Zoom Room reservations to be made from a scheduling display if your organization has more than one Zoom Room. The Zoom web portal requires you to upload a floor plan to the site before you are able to configure this option. In order to do this, you will need to designate the areas on your floor map that correspond to the locations of your Zoom Rooms as you proceed with the process. Using a scheduling display, users will be able to view the floor map of these Zoom Rooms and reserve them from a list of Zoom Rooms on the display.
This article covers:
- How to add a floor map
- How to reserve Zoom Rooms
Prerequisites for reserving other Zoom Rooms with a scheduling display
- The Zoom Room controller can be configured to display schedules as part of the Zoom Room controller
- In order to use Zoom Rooms on the iPad, you need to have version 4.5.0 (147.0829) or a higher version
- It is recommended that you use the Zoom Rooms App for Android version 4.5.0 (40516.0903) or higher
- The account owner or administrator should have the following privileges:
- Zoom’s web portal now includes a floor plan as part of its floor map
How to add a floor map
- The Zoom web portal allows you to edit your account settings as an administrator if you log in with this privilege.
- Click on Room Management then Zoom Rooms from the navigation menu on the left side of the screen.
- You will find the Floors tab on the left side of the screen.
- The ground map can be added to a floor by clicking on the Edit link next to its name.
- Select the Workspace tab.
- Click on Add Floor Map.
- To create a floor map, choose an image and upload it.
Note: A .JPG or .PNG image cannot exceed 5MB and can be a .JPG or .PNG.
- To select an area on the floor map, click and drag the room(s) from the left.
The page will display a blue square.
Note: Location hierarchy must include Zoom Rooms in order for them to appear here.
- (Optional) Drag your cursor across the screen to change the size of the blue square.
The shape can also be changed to a circle by clicking the icons below, or you can draw the shape yourself.
- Save your work by clicking the checkmark or discard it by clicking the X icon.
- The previous page can be returned by clicking Close.
How to reserve Zoom Rooms
- When you tap on the Reserve button, you will be able to reserve a Zoom Room.
- Click on the Reserve Other Rooms button.
- To rent a room, tap on the location of the room that you are interested in in the floor map and you will be taken to the booking screen to begin the reservation process.
- There is also an option to display all rooms on your campus on the scheduling display in case you wish to use a room not shown on the map. For this, you could switch between floors, buildings, or to display all rooms on your campus based on the floor name displayed at the top of the scheduling display.
- You can start the scheduling process by tapping on the Reserve button at the top of the screen.