Configuring auto login for Zoom Rooms
As a result of enabling the auto login feature on your room device, Zoom Room will automatically begin running in the event of a computer restart. The installer will prompt you to set up automatic login on your device once you select this setting as a recommended setting on Windows and Mac.
Prerequisites for configuring auto login for Zoom Rooms
- This license allows you to use ZoomRoom
- as an administrator for both Windows and Mac
How to configure auto login
Enable Auto Login
- To open the Run dialog box, simply press Win+R on your keyboard.
- If you are prompted to enter a command in the Run dialog box, type netplwiz and then click OK.
- You will then be asked to choose the user who should receive the autologin. It is recommended that you choose a user who has the privilege of being the power user. It is not a good idea to use an administrator account for this.
- If the option Users must enter a user name and password when attempting to access the computer is checked, you can uncheck it by clicking OK.
You will need to enter your user name and password to access this computer if the option Users must enter their username and password is not visible.:
- Select the Setting menu item.
- Select Accounts from the list.
- Choose the login method you wish to use.
- In the section titled Require Windows Hello sign-in for Microsoft accounts, toggle the switch to “Off”.
- After you disable this checkbox, you will be prompted to enter a user name and password to access this computer each time you run netplwiz after disabling the option.
- After you have entered your username and password, you need to click the “OK” button. Windows does not verify the accuracy of the auto login password you entered when you attempt to log in automatically. Make sure your credentials are correct before you proceed.
Enable Auto Login
- In the top right corner of your desktop, click Spotlight Search.
- Select Users & Groups from the drop-down menu.
- On the Login Options tab, if the setting is currently locked, click lock on the bottom left to unlock it.
- In order to unlock the setting, enter the administrator password.
- Choose the user who will automatically log on to the system. In order to enable automatic login, enter the password for the selected user in the appropriate field.
Note: Firstly, you will need to disable FileVault before you can enable auto-login.
Activate from Sleep Mode without a Password
- Go to the Spotlight Search on your desktop, which is located in the upper right hand corner.
- Look for the Security & Privacy section.
- Uncheck the box next to Require password in the General section.
- Then, in the Password field, enter the existing user password.