If your location has an Ethernet connection only and there is no network that allows traffic between the Zoom Rooms computer and the Zoom Room Controller, then you can set up a direct Wi-Fi connection from your Zoom Room Mac computer to the Zoom Room Controller.
It is only possible to connect directly to the internet via wi-fi using a Mac computer and an Ethernet cable. There will be a need to configure your network firewall in case you only have Wi-Fi or a PC computer connected to the Zoom Room, so that traffic can be transmitted between the Zoom Room computer and controller.
- Computers with Mac OS X
- Connecting the computer to an Ethernet network
How to set up a direct wi-fi connection for a Zoom Room Mac
- On your Mac, open the System Preferences menu.
- In the Sharing section, click the Share button.
- Select Internet Sharing from the list of options.
- Choose Thunderbolt Ethernet from the Share your connection from menu, and then click the Share your connection button.
- You need to check Wi-Fi in the list of computers that are using Wi-Fi.
- On the Wi-Fi Options page, click the Wi-Fi button.
- You need to give your network a name and a password.
- Please click on the OK button to confirm your action.
- There is a checkbox that needs to be checked for Internet Sharing.
- By clicking Start, you are confirming that you would like to turn on Internet Sharing on your computer.
- Select the Wi-Fi network that was created in Step 7 on the Zoom Room Controller so that you can start using it.