It is now possible to receive chat messages from Zoom’s integrated Atlassian Confluence account in order to receive notifications about new and updated pages, blogs, and comments from your connected Confluence account every time they are created or updated. To get assistance, connect to the Confluence Chatbot, or configure it according to your requirements, you can use slash commands.
The following topics are covered in this article:
- How to install and configure
- Install the integration from Atlassian Marketplace
- Configuring the Confluence Chatbot Subscription
- How to use the Confluence chatbot
- Available Commands
- How to remove the Confluence chatbot
- Uninstalling the Confluence Chatbot from Atlassian Marketplace
- Remove the Confluence Chatbot from Zoom Marketplace
Prerequisites using the Confluence Chatbot
- An account that can be used as an administrator in Atlassian Confluence
- Zoom Marketplace has pre-approved the Confluence chatbot for inclusion in their marketplace
- Note: You will need to contact your Zoom administrator if the app is not pre-approved.
How to install and configure
Note: You will need to install the Confluence Chatbot directly from the Atlassian Marketplace in order to be able to install it. On the Zoom Marketplace, if you wish to download the application, you can click Visit Site To Install and follow the instructions below.
Install the integration from Atlassian Marketplace
- You will need to log in as an admin in your Confluence account.
- The Confluence Marketplace can be accessed by clicking the link below.
- Zoom for Confluence can be found by searching for it and clicking the Get it now button.
- Choose the site you would like to install the app on and click the Install button.
- A message will appear informing you that the app has been successfully installed once it has been installed. Click on the Get Started button to get started.
- Having clicked Connect to Zoom, you will be asked to confirm the permissions that the app needs and you will be asked to allow them. You will receive an automatic installation of the Confluence chatbot from your admin if your admin has already installed it on the Confluence client for you.
Configuring the Confluence Chatbot Subscription
- Using Zoom’s Desktop Client, log into your account and navigate to the Zoom Chat Channel you would like to join.
- You will need to type in the command /confluence connect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net and press the send button.
- You will receive an email from Zoom explaining how to link your Confluence account to Zoom if you have not yet done so.
- In the message response, there is a link that you need to click and confirm within Confluence by clicking it.
- If you enter /confluence connect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net more than once in your Zoom chat channel, then it will be successful.
- You can do this by typing /confluence configure in the command line.
- The link will be sent to you in a reply to your email. You can view the document by clicking on the link below.
- Your subscription will be configured here, so be sure to check it out. The Confluence Chatbot can be configured to send updates to your Zoom Chat channel depending on your choice of domain, channels, spaces, and criteria. There are a number of criteria that must be met, including:
- New blog created.
- Blog updated.
- New page created.
- Page Updated.
- New comment added.
- There will now be a Confluence Chatbot available for this chat channel once the configuration has been completed.
How to use the Confluence chatbot
As soon as you have configured your Zoom Chat Channel, you will receive a notification regarding your preferences in your Zoom Chat Channel as soon as you have configured your subscription. Confluence Chatbot also offers the following commands that you can use to interact with it.
- Connect: If you would like to add a subscription to the current channel of your company, type /confluence connect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net.
- Disconnect: For a complete deletion of all subscriptions associated with your current channel, type /confluence disconnect *yourCompanyDomain>.atlassian.net.
- Configure: The subscriptions for your current channel can be viewed and managed by typing /confluence configure in the command line. To view and manage all subscriptions associated with your account, type /confluence configure all in the command line.
How to remove the Confluence Chatbot
Uninstall the Confluence Chatbot from Atlassian Marketplace
- Once you have logged into Confluence as an administrator, do the following: Go to Manage Apps.
- Click on Manage, and then click on Added Apps to see the apps that have been added.
- You can remove Zoom by clicking the Remove button next to it.
- Click on the Remove button once you have confirmed the dialogue box.
Remove the Confluence Chatbot from Zoom Marketplace
- You can access the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating to the Zoom Marketplace page.
- Search for Confluence in your app store and download it or select Manage and then click Added Apps, then click the app you want.
- Select Confluence from the list and click on the Remove button.
- Click on the Uninstall button after you have confirmed the dialogue box.