Using the waiting room feature, a host can control when participants join a meeting, so they can be able to control when they join. If you are hosting a meeting, you have the option of admitting attendees one by one or all at once.
Prerequisites for using a waiting room with Zoom Rooms
- Zoom Rooms version 5.0.5 or higher
- Waiting room enabled in the Zoom web portal
- Meeting host
How to enable or disable waiting room during a Zoom Rooms meeting
- It is the meeting host’s responsibility to manage the participants of the meeting.
- In the participants’ window, tap the More tab and select the Put Attendee in Waiting Room on Entry option to enable the feature.
- The feature can be disabled by tapping More again and then selecting Disable Waiting Room in order to turn it off.
How to admit participants during a Zoom Rooms meeting
- It is the host’s responsibility to manage the participants of the meeting.
- In order to have the participant join the meeting, they need to tap on the Admit button.
How to admit all participants from the waiting room during a Zoom Rooms meeting
- Tap Manage Participants as the meeting host in order to manage the meeting participants.
- Click the “Admit all” button.
How to send participants to the waiting room during a Zoom Rooms meeting
- Tap Manage Participants if you are the meeting host.
- After you have selected the participant’s name, you will have to tap on the Put in Waiting Room button.