ASM (Autonomous Single App Mode) is a feature that allows Zoom Rooms to be run on your mobile device automatically. It will stay in the foreground and run automatically. Upon signing out of the Zoom Rooms, the iPad will leave ASAM and no longer be able to access ASAM. It is also possible to leave ASAM if you experience network problems and need to resolve them on your own.
This article covers:
- How to enable Autonomous Single App Mode
- How to configure ASAM with AirWatch
- How to configure ASAM with Jamf
- How to configure ASAM with AirWatch
Prerequisites for configuring Autonomous Single App Mode for Zoom Rooms
- IOS 4.6.2 (232.0110) or higher is required for Zoom Rooms Controller
- Using Apple Configurator and a mobile device management program or enrolled in Apple’s Device Enrollment Program
How to enable Autonomous Single App Mode
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Then click Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- Go to Account Settings.
- To enable Autonomous Single App Mode, click on the toggle under Device management.
- Then click Enable.
Note: Locations, floors, and individual rooms can also be enabled. You can change your settings based on your location by reading more.
Your MDM service will need to be configured after you enable this setting on the web. With the key autonomousSingleAppModePermittedAppIDs and the value us.zoom.zpcontroller, include a key-value pair in your MDM service’s Restrictions Payload. If you need assistance, you should contact Apple or your MDM service, since each MDM service may handle this differently.
How to configure ASAM with AirWatch
Configuring a new profile
- Zoom’s web portal can be enabled with Autonomous Single App Mode by following the steps above.
- AirWatch allows you to view profiles by clicking Devices, Profiles & Resources, then Profiles.
- Then click Add Profile.
- Select iOS.
- Please fill out the following information in the General tab. There are other fields that are optional.
- Name: Your device’s name should be descriptive.
- Smart Groups: Create a new one or select an existing one. Smart groups will be assigned profiles.
- In the sidebar, click Single App Mode.
- In the Autonomous Single App Mode filter type, select Permitted Apps.
- The Permitted Applications Bundle should be updated to include the Bundle ID “us.zoom.zpcontroller”.
- On the bottom right, click Save and Publish.
- Publish your device assignment by clicking View Device Assignment. Devices listed above will receive the profile.
Adding new devices to an existing profile
- Select Assignment Groups under Groups & Settings in AirWatch.
- Once the profile has been added, click the group that you selected.
- Click Next after adding your devices to the group.
- Then click Publish. A newly enrolled device will be configured with an ASAM profile.
How to configure ASAM with Jamf
- Using the Zoom web portal, you can enable Autonomous Single App Mode by following the steps above.
- You will need to click the Configuration Profiles tab in Jamf and then click on New.
- Then click the Restrictions button and then click the Configuration button.
- Once you have clicked iOS, you will need to click Applications.
- Find the options for Autonomous Single App Mode apps (supervised only) at the bottom of the page, then click the Add button to add it.
- Click on the Save Bundle button after entering the Bundle ID for us.zoom.zpcontroller.
- Then click the General tab, and then name the profile that you want to create.
- Then click the Scope tab and then click the Add button.
- Click the Add and Done button when you have chosen a device.
- When you have saved the profile information, you can view it by clicking Configuration Profiles, and then clicking Save.
How to configure ASAM with Intune
- Zoom web portal users can enable Autonomous Single App Mode by following the steps above.
- Log in to Intune.
- The device configuration page will appear.
- Click Create profile, then click Profiles.
- Choose iOS/iPadOS under Platform.
- The Device restrictions option can be found under Profile.
- Click the Create button.
- Enter the profile’s name.
- Choose Autonomous Single App Mode from the Device Restrictions menu.
- Here is the information you need to enter:
- App name- Zoom Rooms
- App Bundle ID- us.zoom.zpcontroller
- Once you have added the item, click OK.
- In the Device restrictions section, click OK.
- Simply click the Create button.
- Click Assignments once the profile has been created.
- Select the scope of your deployment under Include.
- Then click Save.