This post was most recently updated on July 20th, 2022
On their public host profile page, hosts have the ability to organize and manage data which will be displayed to attendees and that will be accessible to the public. As a host, you will be able to add your profile picture and contact information as well as links to your social networks.
You will be asked to create a Host Profile when you first sign up for Zoom Events, along with a Default Hub when you sign in for the first time.
Prerequisites for managing your Zoom Events Host Profile
- Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.7.6 or higher
- MacOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Zoom mobile client
- IOS: 5.7.6 or higher
- Android: 5.7.6 or higher
- Pro, Business, Enterprise, or Education account
- Stripe or PayPal Business account is required to create paid events
- Zoom Events license
- The Zoom Events platform is dependent on the Webview package from Windows; therefore, even though version 5.7.6 is capable of supporting Zoom Events, the host might find the lobby inaccessible due to this dependency.
- It is strongly recommended that hosts update their Zoom desktop client or Zoom mobile application to the latest version as soon as possible in order to be able to access the latest Zoom Events and Webinar features.
How to manage your Host Profile
- Zoom Events can be accessed by signing in.
- Go to your profile by clicking your profile picture in the top right corner.
A new page will appear that allows you to edit your host profile.
- There are a number of settings that can be changed on the Host Profile page, including:
- Profile Picture:
- Changing your profile picture is as easy as clicking the Change button and uploading a new one.
- It is not possible to resize a host profile picture once it has been uploaded.
- Host Name:
- If you would like your events and profile to be displayed in your name, please enter it here. In default, the Zoom web portal will use the name that you have set on your Zoom profile.
- Host Description:
- Describe yourself and the events you host in a brief description of who you are and what you do.
- The description of a product can have a maximum of 350 characters.
- Contact Email:
- It is possible for attendees to contact you through the email address that you enter in the registration form. In order to continue reaching out to you, Zoom will keep using the email address that is associated with your Zoom account to contact you.
- The contact email address can be changed by clicking the Change button.
- Public Profile URL:
- Using a Public Profile URL, hosts are able to direct users to their host profile pages to view more information about them. Public Profile URLs can be assigned to each host separately.
By clicking on the copy icon, you will be able to copy the URL of your Public Profile.
- In order to be permanently linked to your Zoom Events Host Profile, it is very important to spend a little time creating your Public Profile URL. The Public Profile URL you create and save to your profile will be permanently attached to your profile, and you will not be able to edit or change it in any way once it has been saved.
- Please enter a number or letter between 3 and 20. Symbols, spaces, and special characters are not allowed in the password.
- Host Media:
- Your event host profile can be enhanced by uploading videos.
- The maximum video length is 60 seconds. The maximum video size is 50MB, MP4 files only.
- Click + Add Video to add a video.
- From your computer, choose a video to upload.
- Open the file.
- During a 30-day period, hosts can add up to 100 videos to their host profile, but the Host Profile page only displays three videos at a time.
- Social Profile:
- Make it easy for your attendees to connect with you by including links to your website and social media pages. Include the URLs of your Twitter, LinkedIn, and website.
- Save your previous host profile changes by clicking Save.