Zoom IM management Setting and Role
With IM administration, administrators can assign users in their account to the groups displayed in the Zoom client’s contact list.
Requirements to do IM management
Add IM group in Zoom
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal as an administrator with permission to edit IM groups and IM settings.
- Click [ IM Management ].
- [ IM Settings to open the tab, [ IM group to enable the setting.
- Click the IM Groups tab.
- Click [ Add IM group ] to display the Add IM Group dialog.
On this page, you can add shared groups, private groups, and restricted groups.
- Select whether to enable one or both of the following settings to allow group members to find other members:
Other people in the same mail domain
- Click Save.
The following table shows the behavior of IM group settings.
Add user to IM group
- Click the name of the IM group.
- Click [ + Add member ].
- Enter the member’s email address and add it to the group.
- Check the box to the right of the correct email address and click Add.