There is also the option to pay additional fees for audio conferencing services, including toll-free, toll-based, call-out, and dedicated phone numbers, in addition to Zoom’s free global dial-in numbers (local charges will apply).
Users must have the option of dialing in with a toll-free or a fee-based toll number if the meeting host holds such a license.
Here is what you need to know about how to take part in a meeting by phone or via a call-me feature, or host an audio conference through Zoom.
Use of audio conferencing options requires the following prerequisites:
- Using the subscription numbers for an audio plan is only available to licensed users
- For business, education, or enterprise plans, pay-as-you-go audio is the best option
An audio conferencing plan can be purchased in several ways
- Log in to your Zoom account.
- Choose Billing from the Account Management menu.
- Select Interested in other products available? from the Current Plans tab. Follow the prompts to add Audio Conferencing to your shopping cart.
- Choose from the following audio plans:
- Choose a payment method:
- Only available with Business and Education plans
- Monthly commit plan:
- Included with all paid plans
- Add numbers for regions or countries by selecting the Toll, Toll Call (Fee based), or Call Out tabs. Use the search function in order to search for a country that you would like access to, then check the country you would like access to.
- For a Personal Audio Conference service, you can also select a dedicated line. Please note that this number is only available in the United States.
- Choose a payment method:
- Click the Save & Continue button to continue.
- Check that everything looks as it should. In this case, click the Save & Continue button.
- In order to complete the purchase, click Place Order.
The process for adding countries or regions to audio conferencing
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Click on Account Management, then click on Billing in the navigation panel.
- Click the View/Edit Countries/Regions link that appears under the Audio Conferencing plan.
- In the new window which will open, select the Toll-Free option, Toll Call (Fee-based) or Call Out option.
- Then select the country or region for which you would like to make a call.
There must be at least one country or region selected for the Call Out.
The available numbers can be viewed by following the steps below
It is possible to see the list of numbers if you have subscribed to an audio plan, when you log into the following web sites:
- You can view all available numbers after logging into your Zoom account
- And clicking on the Join Audio button at the bottom of the meeting window. Using the flag dropdown menu, you can choose a country and view all the available numbers for that particular country.
- There are only 48 contiguous states in which you can reach numbers starting with 800, 844, 866 or 888.
- All 50 states of the United States and Canada have access to numbers starting with 855 and 877
- Toll-free numbers can only be accessed within the country where the number is located