- 1 Prerequisites for managing groups and group-level settings
- 2 How to add a new group
- 3 How to set group admins
- 4 How to add members to a group
- 5 How to set a user’s primary group
- 6 How to change advanced group management settings
- 7 How to change meeting, recording, and audio conference settings for a group
- 8 Additional group settings available
- 8.1 Meeting tab
- 8.2 Recording tab
- 8.3 Zoom Phone tab
- 8.4 Frequently Asked Question
- 8.5 How do I manage my Zoom users?
- 8.6 Where are the settings in Zoom?
- 8.7 What are the options available in a Zoom group?
- 8.8 How do I set up a group in Zoom?
- 8.9 Can one Zoom account have multiple users?
- 8.10 Related Articles
Prerequisites for managing groups and group-level settings
- Accounts for professionals, businesses, or educators
- allowing them to manage accounts
How to add a new group
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by using your Zoom username and password.
- Click on the User Management link, which is located at the bottom of the page.
- You will then see the Add Group link to the right.
- Just type in the name as well as a description of the group you want to create.
- Then click the Add button.
Once this is completed your new group will appear in the groups list.
How to set group admins
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by entering your Zoom username and password.
- After logging in, click on the Groups tab, which is located in the Navigation panel.
- From here, you have the option to set admins for the groups you have selected.
- To access the group admins section, click on the plus (+) icon next to the Member section.
- It is possible to specify one or more names or email addresses of the users that you wish to add to your group as admins.
- Click the Add button.
Managing permissions for group administrators
The permissions assigned to a role and its scope can be changed at any time. By using custom scopes within the Role Management feature, administrators can manage users, Dashboards and Reports, as well as cloud recordings at a group-level for meetings and webinars.
How to add members to a group
- Login to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Click User Management on the left side of the navigation panel and then click Users on the right side.
- If you want to add the user to the group, click the check box next to that user’s name.
- From the list of the users, click the group link at the top.
- Verify that the users are listed correctly.
- Click on the User Group drop-down box and select the name of the group that you wish to set.
- Then click Save.
Uploading a CSV file
Owners and admins of accounts have the possibility to import a group of users by uploading a CSV file. When editing users through CSV upload, users can change, modify, update, or delete the information regarding the user groups that are associated with them.
How to set a user’s primary group
When the primary group for a user is set, the default settings of the user are defined for that particular user.
- Sign into the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Click the User Management tab and then Group Management to start managing your groups.
- Then, selecting a group that you want to manage from the list will begin.
- Next, click ‘Total Members’ instead of the number next to the number in the Member section.
- If you would like to set the primary group of the user you would like to set, click the ellipses icon next to the user’s name.
- From the drop-down box, select the primary group.
- Click Save once you have entered the confirmation dialog box below to indicate that you wish to set this group as primary for this user.
How to change advanced group management settings
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- Click on the User Management section of the navigation bar and then on the Users section.
- Then select Advanced from the dropdown menu.
- Alternatively you can scroll down to the Change User Group section to make the following changes :
- Change the default user group to:
- By setting the default user group, every user added to your account will be automatically assigned this group.
- Click here for more information.
- User transfers between groups in the My Account section.
- To include domain users into the group, follow the steps below:
- Adding all users with an email address at the domain managed to one specific group is the best way to go.
How to change meeting, recording, and audio conference settings for a group
- Login to the Zoom web portal by using your email address and password.
- You will then find the User Management menu item under the Navigation menu.
- Click on the name of the group you wish to manage.
There are three main tabs that contain these main settings: Meetings, Recordings, and Audio Conferencing.
- These settings are toggled on and off by clicking on the corresponding button.
- When a setting is locked, the lock icon will appear. If you lock a setting, the group members will not be able to modify it individually.
- Settings can also be locked at the account level. This will be noted next to the setting. If a setting is locked at the account level, you will need to change it under Account Settings.
Additional group settings available
Additionally, users can access the following settings in addition to the options available for meeting, recording, and audio conferencing:
- In Meeting (Advanced)
- in the meeting invitation email.
- You can edit the template by clicking Edit. Find out more about the meeting invitation email template that you can use to schedule a meeting.
- Additional email templates can be customized if your site has a vanity URL.
- Among other features
- features, your site is able to connect with Zoom’s Support via a chat window.
- Display a floating question mark icon in the bottom-right corner of the web portal to engage Zoom Support in live discussion.
- The client should be updated to receive a new version of the interface:
- Ensure that existing Zoom users update their clients to the minimum client versions that are specified below if they are running an older version of Zoom. The account setting should also be updated to this minimum version.
- It is possible to prevent hosts from accessing their recordings in the cloud by following these steps:
- You can prevent hosts from viewing their recordings in the cloud by following these steps: To prevent hosts from viewing their recordings in the cloud, you need to set up recording management privileges.
- How to prevent hosts from downloading recordings from the cloud:
- You can enhance the user interface by giving users the ability to see who has a link to the cloud recording.
Zoom Phone tab
The policy settings for Zoom Phone groups are displayed.
Read it also –
|Managing Users In Zoom App
|Managing Users In A Zoom Events Hub
Frequently Asked Question
How do I manage my Zoom users?
Accessing the user management section of the website
- There are currently users logged into the account. …
- People who have been invited to Zoom but have not activated their accounts yet are marked as pending due to the fact that they have not yet activated their accounts.
Where are the settings in Zoom?
- To access Zoom’s desktop client, you need to sign in with your Zoom account.
- Once you have clicked on your profile picture, you will be able to go to Settings. You will now be able to access the following options when you click on this, which will open the settings window:
What are the options available in a Zoom group?
- Meetings can be conducted virtually. Zoom Meetings enables you to hold virtual meetings from anywhere in the world.
- Chat room for the team. With Zoom Chat, you can work together as a team.
- System for VoIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol). Zoom Phone allows you to make calls all over the world.
- Whiteboard that you can use online. You can use Zoom Whiteboard to take advantage of the ease of use of a tool to brainstorm and create ideas easily.
- Intelligence in the context of conversation. In order to improve sales, we need rich conversation analytics.
How do I set up a group in Zoom?
- Log into the Zoom web portal by entering your email address and password.
- Click on User Management from the navigation menu and then click on Groups from the drop-down menu.
- You can add a group by clicking the Add Group button.
- It is necessary to give the new group a name as well as a description.
- Add the item to your cart by clicking the Add button. As soon as you add this group to your groups list, it will appear in your list of groups.
Can one Zoom account have multiple users?