Authorizing group-level OnZoom permission
It will not be possible for you to host OnZoom events if you are operating under the account of a corporate account or are not the Administrator/Owner of your Zoom account. If you do not operate under the account of the Administrator/Owner, then you will need to be authorized by them.
Prerequisites for authorizing group-level OnZoom permission
- For Zoom desktop client
- Windows: 5.8.6 or higher
- MacOS: 5.8.6 or higher
- Sign in to your School, Student, Business, or Enterprise account
- as the owner or administrator of the account
How to authorize group-level OnZoom permission after initial setup
When you are an Admin, you have the option to grant permissions to any of the users under your account for them to host Zoom Meetings or Webinars using OnZoom.
After your account is set up, you will need to approve users to host OnZoom events. Here is how to do it:
- The OnZoom homepage can be accessed by clicking here.
- Click Become a Host in the top-right corner of your screen.
- From there, you will need to click Become a Host.
- From there, you will need to click Sign In.
- Enter the email address and password of the Zoom account for which you are the owner/administrator, and click Sign In when you are finished.
A link will appear on your screen directing you to your Zoom admin account.
- SSO, Google, and Facebook accounts can also be used to sign in.
- Click User Management from the navigation menu, then click Groups from the menu.
- If you would like to manage a group, click on the View button to the right of the group.
- Select the OnZoom tab You will then be able to see the Create and list OnZoom Events toggle.ents toggle to enable it.
- There will be a popup window that appears.
- If you click the Enable button, the confirmation dialog box will appear.
- For more information on OnZoom’s hosts terms of service as well as Zoom’s privacy statement, please click the Get started with OnZoom button to the right.
- We recommend you review the Privacy Statement for OnZoom Host and the OnZoom and Zoom Events Terms of Service before clicking Agree.
- Select the members you wish to add.
- The email addresses of the Zoom account members you wish to be authorized to host OnZoom events with their Zoom meetings and webinar license should be entered here.
- After adding the members, click Save.
How to authorize group-level OnZoom permission
Whenever a member of an account would like to host an event on Zoom, they should follow these steps:
- If you have the privilege of editing account settings, you can log into the Zoom web portal as an Admin.
- Click on User Management, then click on Groups from the menu.
- In order to manage your group, you must first make sure that you have set up a group-level OnZoom permission for the group that you want to manage.
- You will find the tab titled Profile on the left side of the screen.
- Simply click on the number by Total Members on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select +Add Members from the drop down menu.
- Firstly, you will need to enter the email addresses of the members of your Zoom account who you would like to authorize to host OnZoom events using their Zoom Meetings and Webinar license.
- Click the Add button.
You will be able to see the members’ email addresses once you click the Add button.