This post was most recently updated on July 28th, 2022
Using Zoom’s Google Calendar Notifications Chatbot
Zoom’s Google Calendar Notifications Chatbot allows you to receive updates and changes from your Google Calendar directly into Zoom chat, so that you can receive notifications and messages from an automated chatbot.
Prerequisites for Google Calendar Notifications
- You will need a Google account to access Google services
- services. You will need to apply for preapproval of the Google Calendar Notification app in the Zoom App Marketplace
Note: In the event that the app is not preapproved, please contact your Zoom administrator.
How to install and configure Google Calendar Notifications
Install from the Zoom App Marketplace
- You will need a Zoom account to log into the Zoom App Marketplace.
- Search for Google Calendar Notifications by typing it into the search box at the top of your screen to find the app.
- If you are able to locate Google Calendar Notifications within your search results, please click on it.
Note:It may be required for you to contact your Zoom account administrator in order to approve the app for your account if the app is not pre-approved.
- After clicking Add, the app will be added to your account.
- To allow the app to access your account, first confirm it has the permissions it needs.
A Google Account authentication and Zoom authorization button will appear after you are redirected to Google. Upon completion, you will be redirected back to the Zoom configuration page.
Configure Google Calendar Notifications
It is natural to be redirected to the Google Calendar Subscriptions page as soon as you have installed the Zoom App Marketplace app.
- You will be asked to log in with your Google Calendar account once you click Authenticate.
- To receive notifications, choose your Google account from the drop-down list.
- Once you have confirmed the permission, click the Allow button.
- Once you have completed the Basic Configurations, follow these steps:
- You will need to name the subscription.
- You will need to choose the Channel you want to add the chatbot to.
- Fill out the Description field.
- In order to receive notifications directly from the chatbot, choose Your Contact from the list of options.
- Follow the steps below to complete the Google Calendar configuration:
- Select a Calendar Source: This is where you will select which calendar you would like to receive notifications from. It is usually your own calendar that you will select here.
- Reminders: Select when reminders will be sent.
- Calendar Updates: The Zoom Chatbot will send you a notification when the type of updates on the calendar change.
- An overview of the events will be as follows: The Zoom Chatbot will let you choose whether you would like a daily or weekly summary of your events.
- In order to save your Zoom Chatbot configuration once you have finished configuring it, you must first click Save Configuration.
You have now been configured to receive chat messages from Zoom chatbot based on the configurations you have made.
How to interact with the Google Calendar Notifications Chatbot
In the event that you have subscribed to the Google Calendar Notifications service, you will begin to receive chat notifications. The chat notifications will be routed to the Zoom Channel you selected to subscribe to.
The chatbot is also available for 1:1 interaction, so you could try that as well. The chatbot will acknowledge you if you type help, so you will be able to choose what you want.
How to remove the Google Calendar Notifications Chatbot
- You can access the Zoom App Marketplace by logging in with your Zoom user name and password.
- Once on the page, click the Manage button at the top right corner.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click Added Apps.
- You will find a link to remove the Google Calendar Notifications app on the left-hand side of the page.
- Please click on the Remove button after you have confirmed the dialogue.