This post was most recently updated on July 22nd, 2022
It is possible to track the source of registrations if you share the webinar registration page in multiple locations, so that you are able to see exactly where your registrants are coming from. In order to determine which platform users are registering on, you can share the source tracking URL on multiple platforms at the same time, such as Facebook and Twitter.
It is possible to create up to 50 unique URLs for different platforms and then share those URLs in order to track the number of people that visit the registration page and how many people register on those pages.
During the course of an on-demand webinar, if multiple source tracking links are used, all of the linked URLs will redirect to a recording once the webinar has ended.
It is not possible to customize the unique URL of the source tracking links, as they are generated automatically.
Prerequisites to create webinar registration tracking links
- Webinar add-on
- Webinar scheduled with registration
How to add source tracking links
- Sign in to the Zoom web portal by entering your username and password.
- Select Webinars from the drop-down menu.
- The first step is to select the topic of the webinar you wish to track registrations for and then click on that topic.
- The invitations section can be found by scrolling down the page.
- Click on the +Add button next to the Source Tracking Link so that it can be added.
- If you would like to share a URL, enter a Source Name to identify where it will be shared. In the case of Facebook or the initial email campaign, for example.
- Save the changes by clicking the Save button.
- If you need to create additional URLs, repeat steps 4-6 for each additional URL that needs to be created.
- The URL can be copied by hovering over it and clicking the icon that appears.
- You will need to paste the URL where you would like it to be shared.
How to view tracking results
- To access the Zoom web portal, you will need to sign in.
- On the left side of the screen, click Webinars.
- You will need to click on the topic of the webinar that you wish to set up registration tracking for before you can proceed.
- In the Invitations section, scroll to the bottom of the page.
- From that link, you will be able to see how many people have signed up as well as how many people have visited that link.
- It is also possible to export a report as a CSV file. Among the information that will be included in this email will be the first name, last name, email address, time when the registration was completed, approval status, as well as the link used to register. The report can be downloaded by clicking on the Export All button.