Zoom Rooms Remote Management is an application that permits Zoom Rooms admins to manage Zoom Rooms remotely from the web, to choose the speaker, microphone, and camera, or to restart the Zoom Room computer or Zoom Room app from a remote location.
This article covers:
- How to remotely manage Zoom Rooms
- Remote management for Zoom Room speakers, microphones or cameras
- Remote management for Zoom Room computers and apps
Prerequisites for remote Zoom Rooms management
In order to manage speakers, microphones, and cameras remotely, follow these steps:
- In order to manage Zoom Rooms, an account owner, administrator, or role with permissions is required
- There is a version 3.6x and higher of Zoom Rooms for Mac and PC/Touch
- Version 3.6x and higher of the Zoom Rooms iPad controller is required
In order to manage Zoom Rooms, please follow these steps:
- Owner of an account, admin of an account, a role that has the authority to manage Zoom Rooms
- Version 4.1.5 (33237.0924) or higher of Zoom Rooms for Mac is required
- Version 4.1.5 (33237.0925) or higher of Zoom Rooms for PC must be installed on your computer
- On the Zoom Room device, kiosk mode is enabled so that you can interact with it
How to remotely manage Zoom Rooms
Remote management for Zoom Room speakers, microphones or cameras
- Zoom’s web portal can be accessed by signing in.
- Then click Zoom Rooms under Room Management.
- You can manage Zoom Rooms by selecting them.
- Then click Edit.
- Click Devices under Room Settings.
- Speakers, microphones, and cameras can be selected.
Remote management for Zoom Room computers and apps
- Make sure that your Zoom Room devices are enabled for kiosk mode before you start using them.
- You can access the Zoom web portal by logging in and clicking on the Room Management button.
- You can restart an online Zoom Room by clicking Zoom Rooms, then finding the Zoom Room you want to restart.
- The Zoom Room entry can be edited by clicking Edit.
- Scroll down to Devices on the next page. Zoom Rooms App can be restarted or Zoom Rooms Computer can be restarted.
- To complete the process, click Restart again.