This post was most recently updated on July 22nd, 2022
You need to schedule a webinar with registration if you want your registrants to receive the link to join your webinar after completing the brief form you will send them. In this way, you will be able to collect information from the registrants including their names, email addresses, and similar information. There is the option of automatically approving anyone who registers or to manually approve those who register.
As soon as you have scheduled a webinar with registration, you will be able to:
- CSV files can be used to import registrants
- Customize your registration questions in order to collect additional information from your visitors
- The webinar emails can be edited and you can choose which emails you would like to send
- Create a customized registration page for your website
- It is important to use multiple URLs so that you can track the origins of your registrations
- Assisting with the management of registrants and re-sending confirmation emails to them whenever necessary
- There will be a significant change to Zoom’s meeting and webinar registration in 2022. This will mean that upon registration in the web browser, the join link for the meeting or webinar will not appear on the confirmation page for attendees. As an alternative, the join link will be sent to registrants via email as part of their Zoom registration confirmation. With today’s change, attackers will have a much more difficult time obtaining a link to register with using an email address they do not control, and will be prevented from registering with unsolicited guests during meetings or webinars. By contacting Zoom Support, users can now enable the improved registration process for their accounts.
- You can schedule a webinar without requiring registrants to provide any information if you don’t need to collect this information.
- There is no way to restore the list of registrants if you edit a recurring webinar to remove registration after you schedule the webinar with registration, only if you edit the recurring webinar to allow registration in the future. This applies explicitly to only recurring webinars and even if you enable registration again. There is a possibility of restoring a previous registration list for single-session webinars.
Prerequisites for scheduling a webinar with registration
- There are four types of accounts available: Pro, Business, Enterprise, and Education
- An add-on for Zoom Webinars is available for purchase
How to schedule a webinar with registration
- Log in to the Zoom web portal by clicking on the link below.
- Select Webinars from the navigation menu at the top of the page.
The list of scheduled webinars will appear on the screen.
- Choose the Schedule a Webinar option from the drop-down menu.
- In the webinar settings, you can choose the settings you wish to use.
- The Registration option needs to be selected in order for registration to be required. Specify one of the following options if you require registration for a webinar that will be repeated in the future:
- Attendees register once and can attend any of the occurrences: All of the events can be attended by registered participants. The registrant will be able to see all the dates and times of the webinar and will be able to register for all occurrences if they wish to attend.
- Attendees need to register for each occurrence to attend:Each occurrence must be registered separately by the registrant in order to be able to attend. On the registrant page, they can only select one date and one time that they would like to attend.
- Attendees register once and can choose one or more occurrences to attend: A registration may be made once, but attendees can choose to attend one or more occurrences at a time. During the registration process, they will be asked which dates and times they are interested in attending, and they will only be registered for those events. There are multiple options that they can choose from.
- Note: You will lose registration data if you edit the recurring webinar once you have scheduled it, meaning registrants will have to register again in order to participate in the recurring webinar.
- To schedule an appointment, click on the Schedule button.
- The Convert this Webinar to a Meeting button is located below the Webinar Options section if you wish to convert your webinar into a meeting after it has been scheduled. There are several options that will be deleted, including Q&A, multiple-answer questions, webinar settings related to email, surveys, and registration reports.
- If you require your webinar participants to also provide an e-mail address that is associated with an active Zoom account in order to join, they will be required to register using an email that is associated with their Zoom account. Prior to completing the registration process, you must complete the following steps. As a result of authentication profiles, the registrant may also be required to login with the account that corresponds to the email address that they entered when they registered for the webinar. There are some domains that are included on the domain block list that cannot be added to Zoom if you select Sign in to Zoom with specified domain.
How to set registration approval
You will want to ensure that your registration approval settings are configured according to your needs before you send out the link for your registration page. The information listed below will help you set up the registration process manually or automatically, but there is a lot more you can customize during the registration process, such as the number of questions, the registration cap, email settings, and more.
Select automatic approval
- You can now see the registration options at the bottom of the webinar details page, as well as the time and date that your webinar has been scheduled.
In the box next to Approval, it will list Automatically Approved and Manually Approved as options.
- If Manually Approve is listed, make sure that you click Edit on the right side of the page.
- Select the Automatically Approved checkbox under the Registration tab.
- Save all the changes by clicking the Save All button.
- You can share the registration URL or the invitation with your attendees by copying the registration URL.
Select manual approval
- Once your webinar has been scheduled, go to the webinar details page and scroll down to the bottom of the page in order to see the registration options under Invite Attendees.
- There will be an option for Automatically Approved or Manually Approved next to Approval. Click Edit on the right side of the page if it says Manually Approve.
- Select the Manually Approve option under the Registration tab.
- Click the Save All button to save all the changes.
- In order to share the registration URL or the invitation with your attendees, you can copy the URL or the invitation.
- Please return to the Webinars page once an attendee has registered for the webinar.
- To view the details of the webinar, simply click on the name of the webinar.
- If you click on Manage Attendees at the top of the page, you will see an Edit button.
- If you wish to approve or deny a user, select the user(s) you want. In order to approve or deny more than one registrant at a time, you must select each one separately. A confirmation email will be sent to the applicant with information on how to join the webinar if they have been approved.