Owners and administrators of accounts are automatically selected to receive email communications from Zoom about security and trust and safety. If you need to assign other users to receive these communications via the Zoom web portal, you can do so via the Zoom web portal.
There are certain requirements to manage security notification settings in order to do so
- Owner of the account, administrator or custom role that has access to account settings
- within a paid account
- You are not able to edit this setting if you are an administrator. Account owners are the only ones who can make changes to settings.
What you need to do to add recipients to receive security communications from Zoom
- Log into the Zoom web portal by logging into your account as the owner of the account.
- Select Account Management in the navigation menu and then Account Settings on the left side.
- Click on the Meetings tab.
- Under the Email Notification section, locate the Where security communications from Zoom will be sent to setting and then click on it.
- In case you do not want your account administrators to receive these notifications, simply clear the checkbox next to Account admins.
- Next, click + Add Recipients.
- You can add a user by entering their email address in the Add user box and clicking the Add user button. If you want to add more than one user to security communications, repeat this process.
- Once you have added the user, click Save.
Zoom Trust and Safety Communications: How to add recipients so they are able to receive the messages
- Log on to the Zoom web portal as the owner of the account.
- Select Account Settings from the Account Management drop-down menu in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Next, click Meetings in the left-hand menu.
- Please find the settings for Who will receive Trust & Safety communications from Zoom under the section Email Notification.
- If you would prefer not to have these notifications sent to the account administrators, you can clear the check box next to Account admins.
- Click the + Add Recipients button.
- By entering the user’s email address into the Add user field, click on the name of the user to add them. Then repeat the procedure for each user you wish to assign to the communication process.
- Click on the Add button.
How to unsubscribe a recipient from receiving a communication
- You can access the Zoom web portal as an account owner by logging into the account.
- From the account management menu, select Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Select Meetings from the list of tabs.
- You will find the contact information under Email Notification, and you will need to find the contact information under Who will receive security notifications from Zoom or Who will receive Trust and Safety notifications from Zoom.
- To remove a user from receiving communications, click on the delete icon next to the name of the user.