It is possible to sample the user stack and the kernel stack of processes in a Mac system using a spindump file. There is a possibility that this can assist you if the program hangs, crashes, or isn’t running properly. During troubleshooting, the Zoom Support team may ask for this information in order to avoid having to repeat the troubleshooting steps.
How to create a spindump file
- Finder can be accessed from the Finder icon in your Dock.
- From the Finder icon, choose New Finder Window by right clicking the icon.
- On the lefthand side panel, select the Applications option.
- From the Utilities section, open up Activity Monitor by double-clicking the icon.
- You can do this by clicking the settings icon on Zoom.us, then selecting the actions tab, and then selecting the spindump option.
- After clicking “Spindump,” a file will automatically be generated.
Note: Admin credentials may need to be entered as well. In order to obtain the required credentials, you must contact your IT team.
- Once you have done this, select Save.
- Your Support ticket can be created by sending the file or uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive and sending us the link.