You can configure Zoom for Cornerstone Learning Suite integration with the Edge Marketplace’s vILT integration in order to use Zoom as a conferencing tool with the vILT integration.
Prerequisites for Cornerstone Learning Suite integration
- Account type: Pro, Business, Education, or Enterprise
- Account with Cornerstone OnDemand.
- Access to administrative privileges in both Zoom and Cornerstone.
- The ability to add the Zoom vILT integration from Cornerstone Edge Marketplace.
- Cornerstone Learning Suite is pre-approved for inclusion in the Zoom Marketplace.
Note: It is your responsibility to ensure that your Zoom administrator approves or disapproves the app.
- It is important to keep in mind that attendance on Cornerstone does not count those who use the Zoom web client. This limitation does not apply to Zoom clients for desktop or mobile devices.
- In order to integrate an environment to a Zoom account, you must do so at the same time as one Cornerstone environment. You can connect only one sandbox environment at a time if you have a separate sandbox and production environment.
Adding the Zoom vILT Integration from Edge Marketplace
- You will need to log in as an administrator to your Cornerstone portal.
- Click on Admin, then click on Tools, then Edge, then click on Marketplace in the navigation bar.
- The Zoom vILT Integration tile can be found by searching for Zoom.
- Once you have located it, click on Create Integration.
- If you agree with the terms and conditions, click on Create Integration.
- Click the Create Integration button.
- Click the Add Integration button. A notification will appear and confirm that you have added the integration.
- If you would like to continue, click Configure Now.
Adding from Zoom Marketplace
- Go to the Zoom Marketplace by logging into your Zoom account and navigating there.
- Click on Cornerstone Learning Suite by searching for it in the Zoom Marketplace.
- Contact your Zoom administrator to have this app approved for your Zoom account if the app has not been pre-approved.
- After clicking Add, the app will ask you to accept the permissions it needs.
- The following steps will have to be completed by an admin on your Cornerstone OnDemand account.
Note: The Cornerstone Learning Suite app is configured for you if your admin has added the app to your account.
- The page where the configuration settings are located will be redirected to you once the app is added. Once you have copied these settings, you can use them in the next step.
Integrating the Cornerstone Learning Suite on Cornerstone
Using the Cornerstone Learning Suite for Zoom
The first step to integrating Cornerstone OnDemand with the conferencing capability is to configure both Events and Instructors so that they can use the conferencing capability. Zoom will present you with the following response when you perform certain actions within Cornerstone:
The user, who is a Cornerstone instructor, will be provisioned in your Zoom account once he or she has been created by using the integration in Cornerstone. Upon opening their email, the user will find a link in the email inviting them to Zoom that must be clicked in order for the account to be activated.
It is not possible to update instructors through the integration.
Once a Cornerstone meeting has been set up with the integration, a meeting will be automatically created for the instructor within Zoom. Once it has been created, it will appear in their list of meetings in Zoom.
The event you choose to update will result in the creation of a new meeting, and the session you previously update will be removed from your meeting list.
Note: It is not possible to delete sessions from Cornerstone using Zoom vILT Integration. If you delete a session in Cornerstone, you will also need to ensure that the instructor also removes the meeting from their list of meetings by manually deleting the meeting in Zoom.
As a Cornerstone user, you can start sessions as a host or as a participant. In addition to launching directly from the calendar, you can also select the time listed next to the icon from the calendar.
Note: Rather than launching the Zoom meeting, when you click the title of the course, the details page opens instead.
It is possible to get attendance information from a Zoom meeting that has been derived from the session that has been created.
Removing the Cornerstone Learning Suite
- Using the Edge Marketplace, you can turn off the Zoom vILT Integration.
- To access the Zoom Marketplace, you will need to login to your Zoom account.
- By clicking Manage, then clicking Added Apps, you are able to navigate to your added apps.
- Click on the Remove link to remove Cornerstone Learning Suite from the list.
- After you have confirmed the dialogue, click the Remove button.
How your Data is used
The following information is accessed and used by this app from your Zoom account:
- User Information (name, timezone):This information is used by Cornerstone to handle instructors and create meetings.
- Meeting Information (topic, start time, duration, meeting number, meeting password, meeting invite, meeting participants’email, meeting settings): For each meeting this information will be made available on the meeting page.
In order to access and use the following information, you must log into your Cornerstone account in order to do so:
- Session ID: This can identify the Zoom meeting associated with the Cornerstone instance that was associated with the event when the Cornerstone instance was created.
- Meeting Request Info (host email, alternative host email, timezone, start/end time, topic): These information is used to create Zoom meetings for Cornerstone event instances. The Zoom meeting event instance keeps this information only as part of the Zoom meeting event instance.
- Instructor info (name, email): Provides information that can be used to create or update a Cornerstone instructor’s Zoom data. This information is only saved by Zoom as part of the account information of the user.
Frequently Asked Questions
What programs integrate with Zoom?
- Hive. With Hive’s Zoom integration, you can manage projects seamlessly. …
- Calendar provided by Google. Zapier, a service that allows quick connections between web-based applications, makes it easy to integrate Google Calendar with Zoom. …
- Slack. …
- MailChimp. …
- Salesforce. …
- Gong. …
- Coda. …
Can I integrate with Zoom?
What is integration authentication in Zoom?
How do you integrate Zoom in Outlook?
- Log in to your Outlook account.
- On the left side of the screen, click the File tab.
- To manage add-ins, click Manage Add-ins in the navigation menu. Your add-ins will be managed through a browser in Outlook. …
- Zoom for Outlook can be added by searching for it in the Add-Ins for Outlook window.
How do I turn off integration and Zoom in Outlook?
- All Office applications should be closed.
- Start by clicking the Start button.
- Using the search box, type Apps & features in the search box, then click on Apps & features when it appears in the results.
- Zoom Plugin for Outlook can be found under Apps & Features in the left-hand menu. …
- Uninstall Zoom Plugin for Outlook by clicking the Uninstall button on the toolbar.